or Connect

Posts by blackbook

I think an entirely plastic phone case would be unnecessary.   The could develop a phone with a metal case much like the iPod Touch and sell it for $300. The case is NOT the most expensive component in an iPhone.    The most important thing is that this "cheaper iPhone" carry "Apple" look and feel so that people will want to buy the more expensive Apple products.   I don't doubt they've experimented with larger screens, but to say this is their "plan B" against large...
  My comment wasn't directed specifically at you, but at the general "iOS needs to be more like Android" crowd.   Android is not a joy to use at all, and there's very little that I find more "intuitive". There may be a feature here or there that's nice, but the OS in its entirety is lacking.   Some of your ideas sound interesting, but would implementing those make iOS less stale to you? Probably not I would presume.   A lot of people have gripes with the look of iOS, but...
  They could go either way IMO.   The iPhone 4 is a great phone better than anything else at the $300 price.   I don't think people perceive it as dated or less than.   If the phone in question visibly looked outdated (like a 3GS for example) than what you're saying would be more pertinent.   I do agree though that Apple could generate more interest with a new case design, but they should avoid an entirely plastic case. If it were aluminum with maybe only a small plastic...
  The iPhone 5/5S's screen is already bigger than the 4S. Shouldn't that be enough draw for them since their all coming from 3.5 inch screens?   I don't see why everyone here thinks a cheaper iPhone needs to be put in some nasty plastic case.   As I said the $50 iPod shuffle doesn't have a plastic case why would a $300 iPhone?       I agree this what we should expect if and only if Apple made a cheaper iPhone.   Top grade materials, likely using iPod Touch internals. That...
  Plenty of people currently have NO PROBLEM buying the 3 year old iPhone 4. I would estimate Apple sold at least 10 million over the holiday quarter.   What benefits them is that the 4/4S don't look old. They still look fresh and have the iPhone look every knows. Because all the devices in the iPhone family already look similar its not going to have the problem a 3GS would have...     That would be completely unnecessary. If Apple designs an iPhone Mini, they should...
          I don't see any of what has been said as major OS overhauling features.   Most people on here are saying Apple needs to turn iOS completely upside down inside out and make it more like Android.   Honestly iOS is fine and there are only a few tweaks that would make it better. IMO Apple should strive to make the UI and functionality closer to OS X. I was playing with a Nexus 7 and I hated how they implemented settings on that device. Apple needs to do their own...
  I'm not against an "iPhone Mini" type concept, but realistically Apple could just continue selling the iPhone 4, after the 5S comes out, for $299.   Then theres not retooling or R&D at all beforehand.     A 5 inch phone could happen but Apple has proven they can compete head to head with Android without one.   Most people still buy the iPhone 5 over the Galaxy S3 when price is not a factor.   I think Android phones popularity outside the US is because then price is a...
  I don't know why Apple would go BACKWARDS and mimic the look and feel of Android.   That's frankly ridiculous.   The only place they need to look for inspiration for iOS is their own amazingly simply easy to use Mac OS X.   If they can figure out how to transfer some functionality from OS X to iOS (and no I'm not talking about a file system), iOS, particularly for iPad would be far more robust and complete.
  Agreed   Not event the iPod Shuffle is plastic. Why would a cheaper iPhone be plastic?
Only thing that makes sense is the iPhone 5S which we all already knew was coming.   iPad 5? Some of what he said makes sense, but I don't think Apple is going to ditch the bezels, unless the iPad 5 is as light as the Mini (not likely).   Plastic iPhone? No.   iPhone +? "Plan B" against Android? Now he's just making stuff up.