or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Maybe a big NFC payment system is gonna be the BIG THING for them this year?
  Apple would have sold a LOT more Macs in the quarter if they had held off the iMac update till 2013. It was a dumb move to announce the product weeks before it was to ship AND THEN when the ship date did arrive not have enough AND THEN have manufacturing issues.   Quite embarrassing actually and they paid the cost of their mistake this quarter.
  This information combined with Verizon saying half of their iPhone sales were 4/4S is very interesting. People obviously want more affordable iPhones, but I think what makes the 4 a success is that it's an extremely beautiful high quality device that trumps anything else in the "Free" category.   I wonder if the "low cost" iPhone for China and other PAYG markets will simply be the iPhone 4. It's a great phone and I could see Apple selling it for $249 once the 5S comes...
Technically all of the cost or R&D and production have already been absorbed by the older models so that could be more profitable to them.
      Probably the fact that the iPhone has a unified look and experience no matter which model you get.   Average consumers have a hard time telling a 4 apart from a 5 (sad I know) much less a 4 from 4S. Now people of al budgets can get the "iPhone" they always wanted and dreamed of having for any price. And I'm sure 90% of people that bought 4/4Ss were first timers or Android/RIM switchers so it's all good.   As was explained earlier this probably isn't hurting their...
  They could have but... They're still selling the iPad 2 for $399 and people are STILL BUYING THEM! Pure profit! 
  I agree with some of what you said.   Now would be the optimum time for Apple to add an "iPhone Min.i" I expect such a device to be a repackaged iPhone 4S. They'll probably remove the pricy and easily damaged glass back and replace it with either iPod style aluminum or as WSJ says polycarbonate plastic and add a lightning connector as well.   I imagine removing the glass back panel alone and using newer screen and battery technology should help it trim some weight, and...
  Of course they backpedalled on that claim.   It was outrageously ridiculous.   Why would a larger screened iPhone be CHEAPER?   What kind of logic is that? Is the iPad 2 cheaper than the iPad Mini???
Is low powered Bluetooth currently in the majority of point of sale computers and devices retailers use?My concern with Apple using something different than NFC is slow adoption to Apples specific standard. At that point it would be pointless.If Apple wants a splash their system needs to be compatible with current point of sale standards so that it can be rapidly adopted by consumers. Then Apple could make a profit off the system.
And yet the iPad still had majority market share globally.Anyway the kindle hurt the Nexus and other Android tablets more than the iPad (same story as last year pretty much)