or Connect

Posts by blackbook

I have a feeling this is going to look like shit in person. It's way too big and thick to look good on most people. Conceptually the round face and style is nice but this particular adaption looks bloated and disgusting.
Apple already has a patent for wireless charging in the way I described.http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2013/09/apple-reveals-master-details-of-wireless-charging-system.html
Battery life won't matter for the iWatch if they can do wireless charging right. If it can charge wirelessly while on your wrist while you're at home without being plugged in, that'll be a huge win. With true wireless charging even if the iWatch's battery only lasts a day people won't notice because they never physically have to charge the thing.
I think apples service will include more than just payments. Think drivers licenses, insurance cards etc.
I agree. I think the closest mockup to what we may actually see next week is Todd Hamilton's:  All the other mockups look like Androids or sorry attempts at merging a smartphone with a watch. Todd's concept looks the closest to Apple's original wearable patent also: 
 I would assume so that users can also use DEBIT (i.e. bank cards) with iWallet. Not everyone has or wants to use a credit card to take advantage of smarter, faster, more secure payments.
 I'm hoping iWallet will be compatible with current NFC readers. I would assume that's why Apple made deals with AMEX, MC, and Visa since all of those companies have NFC card readers at retailers nationwide.
Well if Apple is able to negotiate down the transaction fees charged from banks to merchants, Apple then can add in their own minimal processing fee. For merchants the transactions would cost the same from cards and iWallet. For banks and card issuers Apple is taking on some of the risk so that they don't have to. For Apple they will be able to earn money on their processing fee for every transaction.That could be millions of transactions by next year, that Apple is...
It looks like Apple already has the top banks and credit issuers on board. I'm assuming on day 1 consumers will be able to upload their credit and debit cards to their iPhone 6 for use at NFC terminals everywhere.
I'm assuming after this iPhone we'll see an iPhone with TouchID, the home button, the microphone and front camera embedded under the display. Apple could then, potentially, squeeze a 5 inch display in a chassis smaller than the 4.7 inch iPhone 6.