or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Ah yes now I remember the Blackberry Storm. Seems like such a distant terrible memory.And you're also right about relying on software because androids with no buttons freeze when apps crash and have to be rebooted.The home button is a nice fail safe for now but I still think Apple will bid rid of it on an iOS device in the future.
  I just love Steve Jobs. What an amazing excerpt of the bio.
  Say it aint so. 
  I hate how AppleInsider has worded this article making these numbers sound factual. These numbers are from yet another analyst...   We won't know the truth till next week.
  True. But Apple is moving forward and the home button isn't going to be there forever. I'm sure they're figuring out solutions for the iOS post-home button.   There have been some good ideas communicated on the forums such as turning the whole front panel into a "trackpad-esque" button, that would be firm enough not to accidentally be triggered when using the screen, but function as the home button when the lower part of the screen panel is pressed.   Of course Apple...
A smaller cheaper iPhone is going to happen. Tim Cook is going to make sure of it. A few years ago he said something about making sure Apple had a solution for emerging markets, and with the China Mobile deal happening its all about to unfold.
  The current iPhone's margins are way higher than the iPod Touches, so I would assume the iPhone Nano's would be more in line with the iPhone's margins. But that's a minor point when the cost of materials you're talking is so low at $80.
  I think most people, even those in emerging markets, are willing to pay a premium for Apple devices, hence the success of the iPad Mini and even the iPhone.   That being said I don't think Apple has to compete with Android/etc head on with price. If Apple can make a relatively complete phone with most of the bells and whistles people are used to for even $350, I think we'd see their sales grow exponentially in some markets.   But a unique feature phone would be an...
    It's probably because a lot of American adults have multiple cell phones. Each "disposable" phone drug dealers and cheating husbands/wives buy counts in that number. And of course all the Blackberries companies buy there employees, though the employees all have iPhones and Androids for personal use.
      I really like the idea of an iPhone Nano, with a focus on media and music consumption, and a $200-ish price tag.   But I think a slightly larger iPhone Mini with 3 - 3.5 inch running full complete apps is more likely even if such a device would cost $350+.