or Connect

Posts by blackbook

I don't think Apple would have a problem selling Retina iPad Minis for $429.Plenty of consumers especially Apple's core demographic don't mind spending more for a higher quality experience than the competition.Will Apple price it that high? Who knows. They may wow us all like they did last year and launch a retina mini in a couple months for $329.That would be amazing but who would buy an iPod touch or iPad if the Mini has it all plus some for less money?That's another...
If Mini sales are off the charts amazing in sure there will be a note about it in the conference call
  The iPod Touch was probably a bad example. I forgot they got rid of the 8GB model this year and that's why the starting price is so much higher.   The only upgrade people really want for the Mini is a better screen. With my experience with it, I actually prefer the iPad 2 screen over the Mini. The iPad 2 has a very bright display which makes up for the low pixel count. The Mini's display is very dim and the colors are off (just like the iPhone 3GS...).   The Mini needs...
    The Retina Mini probably won't replace the current Mini (especially if it's coming out in 3 months as rumored). It will likely be sold in addition to the non-Retina Mini. So no Apple wouldn't be raising the price. They would be adding a more high end option (see: 5G iPod Touch).         Think $329 for the non-Retina and $429 for the Retina, to match the $399 for the non-Retina iPad 2 and $499 for the Retina iPad 4. If Apple has no problem selling Mini's for $329, why...
      Margins
Should I remind you that the iPad 3 was thicker and heavier than the iPad 2?   Is that the technology you want in the Retina Mini?   In order to keep the size and performance Apple will have to employ all new technology. That's why I believe the price is going to be higher than the current model, which has 2 year old internal components.
    Why would Apple give a cheap phone their latest processor?
Yup, now that the iMac is getting on line we'll see double digit growth numbers again.
Probably a bad example but, BMW does the same thing with their cars.   When they remodel a car they change the exterior design but leave the engines untouched and unchanged. Then a couple years after the remodel they refresh the car by upgrading the engines, but keeping the exterior the same. Mercedes-Benz does this as well I believe.   It pretty much means there's always "something new" even though only one thing gets upgraded at a time. It keeps those companies in the...
  I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple will be able to get the margins they want if they price a Retina Mini at $329. The reason the current Mini was able to attain that price point was because it uses 2 year old technology.    A Retina Mini would need all the latest internals that are in the iPad 4 plus newer technology to shave weight and size to accommodate the technology.   That's why I'm 90% sure the Retina Mini is going to cost more than $329. This Spring...