or Connect

Posts by blackbook

If we get a Spring upgrade all I expect is a case redesign. The new chips for the internals won't be ready till fall.
The Retina Mini will be price $100 higher than the current Mini so there won't be any buyer's remorse.   The iPad 4 was more of a iPad 3S. The next iPad will probably have the same specs as the last just with a new case design. Later this year it'll probably the speed bump once the new chips (A7X) are ready.
    I think Apple may have a slightly cheaper iPhone up their sleeve, but my comment was mainly directed at the analyst that said Apple NEEDS a CHEAP iPhone in order to succeed and grow.   If Apple makes a smaller cheaper iPhone it will only be to expand the brand not out of a necessity to survive as some analyst have made it seem.
Well analyst were wrong that Apple needs a $99 phone to grow its business.
Do that and you get an iPhone 4/4S.
So there are three things that could happen 1) Apple continues selling the iPhone 4, after the 5S comes out, later this year for $349 2) Apple resurrects the 3GS as is for $249 3) Apple designs and creates an iPhone Mini from scratch and prices it anywhere from $300-500
Turning every iPhone into a life alert. Now everyone can feel good about buying their grandparents iPhones.
I think the rumored "low cost" iPhone (iPhone Mini) is going to be a major focus of the China Mobile deal.
I hope Apple comes out with a smart watch type accessory.The Nano 6 was already perfect. It just needed Bluetooth.
  Exactly.   But the clueless analyst don't help because they always conclude Apple needs to price match their competition. Analyst have been saying that about Apple for decades.   In the Mac market before the Mac Mini launched analysts were buzzing with rumors and predictions of a low cost Mac to compete with the bottom of the barrel PCs. Apple responded with a $500 machine that didn't come "bundled" with anything.   Last year, analyst said Apple MUST compete with the...