or Connect

Posts by blackbook

The fact isnt't that Apple is "unable to make a $299 tablet."   Apple is able to do anything. Its more of a question if they would build a unique brand new product and price it far lower than all their other products.   Google doesn't make a profit on the Nexus 7's hardware at all, Apple on the hand being a hardware company needs to make a profit on their products.   But it's possible for Apple to make a decently affordable Mini with low specs perform well enough. But...
  Exactly.   Only way the price is going to be lower than the new Touch is if there is an "entry level" Mini with an A4 chip, 8GB of storage, and last gen iPod Touch cameras.   The 4th gen Touch with those specs and still cost $199, so I think a Mini with those specs might get a priced of $249 or $299. Mind you those specs would put it far behind the competition...
Funny you say "low tech" and then claim specs that match the new iPod Touch which was priced at $299 and only has a 4 inch screen mind you.   I'm surprised the rumor mill is still purporting the Mini real when all we've seen are "mockups" and not ACTUAL leaks.
This is amazing. I don't think anyone expected the disappointing iPhone 5 to sell so well, but no one expected the 4S to sell as wellas it did last year.
It'll probably be a 5S next year which is still exciting IMO. I'm expecting a full mobile wallet system to be rolled out next year as well as some other bells and whistles that might be 5S only.If next month there are already rumors of an iPhone 6 for next year don't believe. Expect a 5S and you won't be disappointed.
iPhone 5 is a great phone and provides everything consumers want. This is gonna be huge
Now they just need more midsized cities globally. Plenty of smaller Tourist Destinations I'd like to see, in the near future.
Most people just read and surf the web on iPad. Or use it for some productive work when they don't want to lug around a laptop.   Yes more power would be good for games, and an HD camera would be a nice progression, but I think most people just want something lighter.   If they can shave a considerable amount of weight off the iPad while making it more powerful and efficient they'll have a winner
Only improvements iPad really needs as far as hardware, is thinner, lighter, more efficient. I don't think the Tablet market has the same crazy demands as the smartphone market.
I agree with your point that Apple charges more than they should for memory upgrades. Honestly the problem would be alleviated if they just came with more memory standard since flash storage is so cheap nowadays compared to 5 years ago.