or Connect

Posts by blackbook

Apple doesn't need Intel in order to make their own watch accessory. This rumor makes no sense.
This.   I think we'll see the current iPad Mini sold for $299 and a Retina model sold for $399, just like the fullsize iPad ($399/$499).   People will be able to choose between a lightweight functional tablet, or a powerhouse retina tablet in either size.
... and this is why I think Apple is serious about diversifying the iPhone lineup. expect an iPhone Nano next year.
I find it funny you use that argument, when people here were using the same argument against the iPad Mini before it came out. Well Apple proved once again they can have a lower price point and decent margins.
  The iPad Mini is why the oft rumored iPhone Nano could become a possibility.   Honestly the iPad Mini is just old components thrown together in a new form factor and it's a smash success. That's all I expect from an iPhone Nano. Either old iPod or iPhone parts put together. Because it'll be a "new form factor," it won't look or feel outdated to consumers, hence why it would be a success rather than the current obviously 3 year old phones Apple sells for "free".
That's another possibility that I think would be great for an iPhone Nano.   Microsoft sold the KIN for free-$100 (depending on the model) with WIFI and Verizon required NO DATA contract for it, only a voice plan.
  The point of the device would be to hit a lower price point without diluting the iOS experience. They could do that by starting with a 3GS, giving it an A4 chip, and a more attractive form factor. It's not going to be about raw specs but creating an entry level iPhone experience for $200ish.   What will differentiate the smaller iPhone from the premium iPhones? Features (Siri), Speed, and Screen (Quality/Size). But in every other way the "Nano" can be an iPhone.
  Same argument can be made for the iPad Mini...
People that don't live in the US or buy their phone outright don't want to pay $450+ for a 3 year old cell phone...
The problem with the current approach of selling outdated handsets for "free" is that the handsets are obviously outdated. A better example would be the fact that the iPad Mini outsells the iPad 2.   A new iPhone at a low end price point would outsell the current old iPhones and likely wouldn't cannibalize the premium top tier iPhone.