or Connect

Posts by Wayne Lau

I have a new iBook G4 and when it enters a screensaver, right when the screen fades away to load the screensaver visuals, you see at the top of the screen a small horizontal bar going across that's a shade noticeably brighter than all the contents below it. Then immediately it goes into the screensaver. When you return from the screensaver, you see the opposite. Still at the very top, a horizontal bar about an inch in height spanning across the entire desktop that is...
Unfortunately I can't manually move it. It just runs automatically on its own to install things. The drivers for the printer are definitely installed on the iBook cause the OS recognizes it immediately when I plug the printer directly to the iBook (via USB). Thanks though for trying, I really do appreciate it. I saw a few similar threads in the old AI archives, and they received no replies to the same problem essentially
Hi, I've run into a dilemma, and hopefully someone here can give me a bit of advice if they have time: - One Windows XP PC is connected with a Samsung ML-1210 printer. - I have a new iBook G4 (10.3) that wants to use that Samsung printer via a wireless network (Linksys wireless router). - I can print perfectly fine when the printer is directly connected to each machine, as both of them have the correct drivers installed. - However, when I'm adding the...
Hi, I currently run a wireless network with my airport extreme base station. Attached to the base station is a laser printer. I am trying to print wirelessly from my Windows XP machine, however, I am unable to get Windows to recognize such a printer on the network. I've managed to network and share files between the two machines (OSX and XP) and my documents print great wirelessly from my Powerbook machine. However, I just can't get it working for XP printing. Any...
Man, that's exactly what I would want. It would also really hike up the level of consistency that is starting to appear between the two applications (itunes\\iphoto). Great ideas. Luca - Cool, i'll check that app out, thanks!
Yeah definitely! That would be awesome Now, we just wait until it gets implemented hopefully. I'm curious though, how many people here use the current keywording system in iPhoto? I think it's a decent setup, but I think it could be expanded and improved upon much more. The assigning of keywords and searching for them I think should be faster ane easier to do as opposed to having users wade through menus etc... Anyways, I can't wait for more improvements to...
Hi, This has probably been mentioned, but would support for hierarchical albums be a feasible update to be included in the next revision of iPhoto? What do you guys think? In case there's any confusion, what I mean by hierarchical albums are : Art < -- main album - 2D Art < -- sub albums - 3D Art - Photograhy I would really love to have this feature in iPhoto... I only hope that it's not too far away from being in one of...
You know, it would actually be useful if you gave an answer that helped in solving the problem.
Hi, First off, I hope this is the correct forum to post this message in. What I was hoping someone could help me with is that I currently have a few keys on my Ti Powerbook keyboard (for example, my spacebar) that are a bit greased up. That is, they have like a grease stain from my fingers. I was wondering if anyone knew how to clean\ emove these sorts of stains without damaging the keys of the keyboard? Secondly, if I have scratches on my Ti Powerbook, is there a...
Happens to me a fair bit as well when i hide multiple apps... and I thought it was just me...