or Connect

Posts by specialkbdc

I'm in the same situation. I absolutely love the size of my 12 inch powerbook. I hook it up to my 23 inch monitor at home and it travels like a dream on the road. It's a couple years old and I still get comments from people who love its look. I don't want a MacBook and I don't want a 15 inch MBP. I will wait patiently until Apple comes out with its subnotebook. Except, my thing is, I don't want it to be TOO "sub".
What a joke. Apparently Apple knows exactly how loyal we are to the OS. I think this is a pretty fair barometer of the kind of update we will see with the Powerbooks in September or October. They are gonna outright limp to Intel with the portables. The Year Of The iBook!
Okay, I put in a REAL solid effort to figure this out but I've got nothin. I can't get my iPod Shuffle to play music. I think I've done something that has a simple cure because it just happened when I was fiddling with the buttons. I reset the software, made sure it wasn't on pause, the volume wasn't down, the earphones were working, battery fully charged, etc, etc, but it still won't play. Everything still checks out on iTunes. Just no music coming...
I am currently considering this exact decision. I've heard the 12 inch can get really loud when it is hooked up to the display. Plus, rumors abound that it gets way too hot to run in "clamshell" mode. I've been investigating every possible cooling option in the past couple days. From my highly unscientific research it would seem that a cooling stand is almost mandatory. Of course, being that I've never had a powerbook perhaps I should actually look at one in a...
I think it's great that Apple has launched a 'Back To School' Student Union promotion where they stuff free iPod minis in the fat little fingers of students buying computers from the Edu store. The deal lasts to September 24th. The last day of Paris is September 24th. Is this the death knell for anyone hoping for an updated iBook or Powerbook in the next 2 months? I simply cannot bend my mind around how they would start this promotion and introduce new computers...
Argelius Your reasoning mirrors much of my current thinking. I've been trying to decide between the 12 inch PB, 15 inch PB, and 12 inch iBook. Before the Intel announcemnt it was always a given that I would be getting a 15 inch PB in August for school. However, lately I've made a tactical change. I like the idea of having a little bit less of an investment in the actual computer portion of my setup by getting a 12inch PB. If Apple happens to release a...
Roger that Kesh. Thanks. Although, I am starting to think a 12inch Powerbook might look reasonably decent hooked up to a big Apple LCD.
Am I getting this right that the iBook does not have a DVI connector? So minis can be hooked up to LCDs but not iBooks? Can iBooks hook up to a fat CRT? My plan is showing weakness already!
Can new iBooks be hooked up to Apple displays? Apple doesn't mention anything about iBooks in their system requirements for the monitors. I am thinking the combination of a 12 inch iBook and a 20 inch Apple display could make me forget all about the uncertainty of an Intel future. Plus, the actual iBook investment would be mitigated so I could flip it if MacTel blew me away next year. Does an iBook and a 20 inch monitor go together like peas and carrots? Or is it...
Speakers and Airport. Affected in the future or not? I'm stubborn and I'm still going to buy a laptop this summer because I need one for school. However, I might be a little more restrained with software/peripherals. But I cannot go without a good set of speakers and Airport. Will these transition to a hot new Intel Powerbook?