or Connect

Posts by Commodification

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercedes-benz-to-debut-new-luxury-yacht.html   "Most people know that Mercedes-Benz is credited with creating the first motor vehicle over 125 years ago, but few realize that Gottlieb Daimler built the first motorized boat around the same time. Mercedes is looking to celebrate that nautical heritage with a new luxury motor yacht at the 2012 Monaco Yacht Show. The yacht, called the ‘Silver Arrow of the seas’, will be built by Silver Arrows...
You usually know what you're talking about, but thinking the iphone will remain at 4 inches for the next 5 years seems crazy. 
My comments regarding video/TV consumption have nothing to do with politics. It has more to do with how the brain learns and retains info and information gathered by reading penetrates deeper and is retained better than information consumed via video images. Also the 150 hours the average American consumes video/TV is 150 hours a month (around 3 hours each day) they're not exercising, reading, going outdoors, enjoying the company of others (not gazing at a screen). My...
I think these commercials kind of suck. 
The average American consumes nearly 150 hours a month of video/TV. Real progress would reduce that amount of consumption, not increase it. What gets advertised and marketed as progress today is nothing more than complete BS! 
“As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again. The age of automation is going to be the age of "do it yourself".”- Marshall McLuhan
Two years from now, do you think we can expect a larger iphone? I assume that next year we will see the current iPhone 5 shape remain as it is, just with some refinements to the processor, cameras, improved battery life, and etc (maybe Apple store exclusive multicolored iphones). The question is do you think Apple will create a new larger iphone 6 in 2014 to sell along side the iphone 5 and iphone 4S, which would give them three great uniquely sized products to meet the...
As long as a person is "fashionably left", the media and the masses don't seem to mind if that particular person is in the 1% like Ives and all of Apple's top executives. Never mind Apple's beautiful products are made by some of the poorest people on earth who spend their days stuck in working conditions the vast majority Apple product owners would never work in (they would rather live on government handouts than do that type of work for such little money). A vast...
Are there any telcos in the US who will do a data only plan on an unlocked iPhone?
Apple said they were blown away by demand for the iphone 5 but did they ever say this was their biggest launch (unit volume) ever?