or Connect

Posts by Commodification

I do think Apple could pull off a 16:9 iPad and alter the frame a bit so it would seem less awkward than an Archos. Moving the home button, front facing camera, and dock to the wide portion of the tablet could allow the screen to be stretched without having to substantially increase the outer dimensions.
All these iOS Apps will eventually need to be played/streamed on Apple's upcoming widescreen TV's so I think it's the direction everything is heading. What brand/model was that review of???
I wish it was true that most people spent their time on the iPad reading, but it appears that people spend more time doing more multi-media stuff on it. Couldn't the screen just have fat  black borders for reading books and etc? If iPhone apps can be 2x's to fill in an iPad it would seem to indicate the iPad will go 16:9 with the next iteration. A slightly larger iPad means that it can go super slim again, and the whole 16:9 is just paving the way so all these apps will...
I still love 'The Woz', even if he only has one claim to fame since that's one more than most people have achieved.
Does the 4" screen on next iPhone infer that the next iPad will go widescreen as well?
"You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the TV, not make one! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"- Obi 'Woz' Kenobi :) The Woz never actually said that, but he has stated many times their original idea for the Apple computer would allow people the freedom to design their own programs and never imagined people would buy them pre-made in a store. I'm certain they never envisioned that the PC would eventually be...
So when does Steve Jobs walk on the set and tell Kutcher he has been Punk'd?
Even Gandalf knows you don't hug trees in the 'thinking' Fangorn forest. I do believe West is right that there needs to be more study done on the sustainability of cities since there is plenty we do not know abot them yet they are growing exponentially.
This short clip on 'Thinking Cities' by West is good as well @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFY694_eJXY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Hiro, While I do think it's a good idea to 'attempt' to understand complicated systems I do admit those the little cartoons you posted are awesome.