or Connect

Posts by Commodification

There's no inherent negative connotation with the term 'phone', but 'TV' is pretty much synonymous with stupidity. "When you're young, you look at television and think, There's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want. That's a far more depressing thought. Conspiracy is optimistic! You can shoot the bastards! We can have a...
The TV is such a brain dead device, if Apple is going to make something that is smarter and more innovative it better not use the archaic term TV.
I think any name that uses the term 'TV' kind of sucks.
ipanel, isight, iretina, idisplay, ivision, iglass, idream, icenter, iHD, isee, isauron, or imbroke (thanks Apple for creating another product that I now have to buy).
While the current ipod touch is still using the old A4, I think it's time for Apple to upgrade the whole ipod touch lineup with the A5 and make a new 16gb model with additional gaming functionality.
There are two things that will symbolize the peak of Apple (for a while)in my opinion. One is that Apple will make big screen TVs and two is when the 'one ring to rule them all' new HQ gets built.
All I want are two analog sticks and everything else could be touch stuff.
While unlikely it would be cool if Apple would release a new product called iGame which would be an A5 powered iOS handheld with a 4 inch or larger touchscreen screen and physical buttons to go directly after Nintendo and Sony this Christmas. It would play all existing iPhone/iPod games but offer additional control options on specially designed iGame games in the App store. This device could be used in conjunction with their new TV for console like gaming as well. $249...
I still think a larger and more game centric iPod touch will be coming this fall instead. Apple did file for the iGame trademark four years ago.
"I have my own theory about why decline happens at companies like IBM or Microsoft. The company does a great job, innovates and becomes a monopoly or close to it in some field, and then the quality of the product becomes less important. The company starts valuing the great salesmen, because they’re the ones who can move the needle on revenues, not the product engineers and designers. So the salespeople end up running the company."- Steve Jobs This is one of reason why I...