or Connect

Posts by Commodification

I just envision a future where many things that we would never consider to be a computer become connected to the Net. I'm partial in thinking that 5G will be more about connecting the 'Internet of Things' and less about connecting people.
Do you think the next step after 4G/LTE will really take 10 years? Will 5G (or whatever it gets called) be more about faster speed or more about affordability and connecting new types of devices and appliances to the net?
Hypothetically, what could a quad-core A6 iphone or ipad be able to do that an A5 iphone or ipad couldn't. I obviously assume they will be faster and be able to render 3D graphics smoother and with more detail, but what other cool possibilities could they unleash??
This will do the trick @ http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-EyeTV-C...p_ob_e_title_1
Ipod was launched in a low key event and was dismissed by many, yet it led Apple into the new decade. Siri was launched in a low key event and dismissed by many and yet it will lead Apple in this decade. As significant as some think Siri is, it's actually far more significant than you think. "pick up the reciever, i will make you a believer"
I still get episodes of real sadness when I think that Steve Jobs is gone.
I really think that Steve Jobs understood that (when done properly) people love electronic devices because they can act as extensions of our nervous system. When something is intuitive and 'just works', we naturally respond to it as if it's a new limb and an extension of ourselves. This is also the reason why people hate to learn/relearn some new (and poorly designed) device or software upgrade because it feels as if a limb as been removed and sewn somewhere it doesn't...
What year did Macworld have it's largest attendance?
I would really like to see voice options in the future for Siri. It would be really cool if at some time they offer the ability to buy new voices for 99 cents and maybe even the ability to buy 'famous' (officially licensed) voices at a higher price.
‎"Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."- Steve Jobs