or Connect

Posts by Commodification

We certainly need to be investing more money into small companies instead of pumping money into large corporations and allowing the government to continue to create more regulations that only help protect large corps from real competition by making it exponentially harder for small companies to survive.
A healthy middle class is sustained when an economy has a robust oscillating process between the creative ability of individuals on one side of the socioeconomic system and the commodifying powers of collectives (govs and corps) on the other. When a country is lopsided towards large commodifying collectives (which are structurally biased towards making people either equally poor or equally dependent on it), the middle class eventually erodes.
The problem is that it isn't fake.
I wonder if he's at some type of recovery center and is receiving some help walking in between areas.
If this pic is genuine (it's said to be taken today) then it reveals that his prognosis right now isn't very good. I sure hope he finds the right treatment and can recover soon. http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/26/0...n-credit-1.jpg Note: I removed the pic but left the link.
Lets just say that over the next few days the chance of aapl having a 100 point drop is more likely. Don't forget that a stock can become detatched from it's host company and react in ways that logically it shouldn't.
‎"Steve was very fast thinking and wanted to do things, I wanted to build things, I think Atlas Shrugged was one of his guides in life."- The Woz [on Steve Jobs] @ http://www.electronista.com/articles...tion.from.ceo/
AAPL having a 100 point drop on Thursday is a possibility considering how many hedge funds are loaded up on this stock. The shorts will make a ton, high frequency algorthmic traders will make a ton, but the average retail investor is going to get screwed.
Glad I don't own Apple stock right now because it's going to kind-of-suck for shareholders tomorrow. Steve Jobs was the man (and my favorite cult leader), and Apple is going to struggle a while without him.
Real progress empowers the individual by elevating a person's uniqueness and their special role within their community. Much of what gets advertised as technological progress today actually does the opposite and reduces elements of human labor and intelligence into a numerical value to be bought and sold like a commodity. Large and inherently fragile institutions (regardless if they're corporate or governmental) rarely expand individual freedom and create new innovations...