or Connect

Posts by Commodification

True, but OS 11 (or whatever it becomes) might be a totally different animal and OS X will continue on Pro models for a long while until the newer stuff is up to needed level of performance. Jobs has stated that Apple will only work on two OS's at a time. So if they can eventually merge iOS and OSX into one OS, than Apple can work on creating a true web/cloud based OS with icloud that could offset any short comings the merged ios/osx would have.
Jobs has stated that Apple will only work on two OS's at a time. So if they can eventually merge iOS and OSX into one OS, than Apple can work on creating a true web/cloud based OS with icloud that could offset any short comings ios/osx would have.
I think the fact that Apple might be considering merging mobile iOS devices and Mac OS X imacs and laptops into a single platform is related to some of the limitations of PC processors ability to offer any real new advantages for the majority of users.http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ays-jefferies/
Have you noticed that nearly all Future City Concept drawings have one common theme (besides more rounded edges) is the fact there are very few people residing in them. Of course this has a lot to do with the aesthetic reasons of the concept art, but I always thought it was a funny truth regardless.
It's like all the promises BnL made about the Axiom, yet they underestimated that the things we make, eventually make us.
Steve-O should name the new spaceship campus 'Axiom'.
I'm sure Steve will make an App for that, but on a serious note you make some valid points and you should send it to Steve-O's public email @ sjobs@apple.com
When it comes to the government properly assessing it's budget on any of it's programs, one should consider that when the Space Shuttle was being sold to congress it was pitched that it would only cost 7 million dollars per launch. In reality, over the last 30 years (and when you factor in all associated costs) the Space Shuttle has cost nearly 1 billion per launch. So one can easily say that when it comes to space we have a problem of under budgeting.
I think you would find the costs and risks of landing and launching on the Martian surface are significantly greater than doing the same thing on the Martian moon Phobos. While I want to see people on the surface of Mars one day, I would be more than happy if we landed on Phobos as a preliminary step towards that goal.