or Connect

Posts by ryaxnb

I would think if you just want to do basic stuff with a machine, you'd do best getting a pc with linux, like a Dell inspiron Ubuntu or a System76, or a locally bought desktop. But of course microsoft would never want you to think about that. After all, with linux, you get a wide variety of free software, a free OS, great online support, a wonderful community, low system requirements, and a highly secure, intuitive, cohesive system.
Why? 1. Targeted at home users (key iPhone market) 2. Targeted at first-time smartphone buyers (key iPhone market) 3. Costs $99, designed to sell to key iPhone markets. Remember the iPhone is $99 over the iPod Touch. 4. Entry-level smartphone (although revolutionary, the iPhone lack of business features arguably make the iPhone a home smartphone) 5. Has good MP3, WMA, Amazon Music, movie support (CorePlayer, Kinoma, MMPlayer) 6. Slingbox Palm is alternative to...
Personally I'm still excited for what EDGE can do, and I know the next iPhone is pretty much certainly going to have HSDPA, has anyone heard about EDGE Evolution? I've heard 250kbps theoretical is far from the limit for the wide-reaching EDGE network. With simple upgrades, not complex ones like HSDPA, EDGE Evolution allows real speeds in the 500-750k range and theoretical up to 1000k. Plus latency lowers from ~300-400ms to ~150-200ms. That sounds neat, but devices need to...
I'm lucky I get 150-170kbps if I have very good signal, 130 without.
So I was wondering what hardware/software apple has in store for us at wwdc. Presumably pro stuff.
I would recommend Vista. Home Basic. Yes, you can install home Basic (not premium Ultimate or whatever) on a MacBook, no hitches I did it and it works fine. It's supported too. Just like XP, you need the full version, no OEM or upgrade editions. You also need a Right-click mouse for installation only. Vista is: * More secure * More future-proof * Simpler and furthermore, it's easily available. IE 7 is much better than IE 6 and only vista includes the...
http://lowendmac.com/deals.shtml Nosey through the PMG4, iMac G4 and eMac G4 specs. Hints: You want at least a Dual 500 or a single 600 for web browsing, casual photo management and such, or a Dual 800/1Ghz Single for more intense photo/video editing. You also need 512 MB RAM minimum and at least a 40GB drive. For instance, this here Mac. http://www.dvwarehouse.com/PowerMac-...ed-p-3688.html is a very good value at $689. Add a 256 MB RAM stick for about $27 (google for...
Well, I just loved the underdog at first. This was in the Mac OS 9 days, around 1999. My Grandmother got a iMac 5 Flavors and I loved it ()! We got ourselves an iBook 900 in 2003 with Mac OS X and I thought it was just the greatest little computer! I learned how MS was a company not to be trusted (I still use Office for Mac Though) and how Macs were less susceptible to the spyware and virus pains I had with our Compaqs and such. I also tend to...
PowerPCs may be dead but they still have a very happy four or five years ahead of them. A g5 will be supported for a long time to come. And the Classic Mac OS is supported on them, not to mention other fun projects.
Woz was at least half of Apple in the early days. Maybe not now. But back when Apple I and Apple ][ were king (1976-1985) Woz was da man. Without him there would be no Apple.