or Connect

Posts by kenaustus

The value of Health will be related to the health of individuals using it. Never sick and young? Your vaccination records might be all that is needed. Hit the teen years and that accidental encounter with a STD may well be something you want removed. But as you age, or encounter significant medical conditions, the potential for Health explodes. I'm 70 this month and will need a lot of storage spec, but I've also known a couple young men who were his with testicular...
OK, I'll say it. It seems to be snappier. The old version slowing down has been a frustration, but my HD is overloaded and I've considered a cleanup to be needed. I'll see over the best few days how things to, but it does look faster.
I believe they should set up a pretty simple formula that companies can look for long term. First the 35% tax should be lowered by overseas income taxes. If the overseas rate is 20% then the US rate should be 15% for earnings in that overseas company. To make it simpler, allow companies to deduct overseas income taxes from the US taxes on those incomes - but not from the companies' tax on US generated income. That will basically give companies a fast break - unless...
The magic, if there is any, will be in the database developed. Scan a more on your skin to see if there is no problem, pre-cancer or cancer? There needs to be relevant data available to deliver results to the user. Fortunately there will be a lot of support for a legitimate product. Dermatologists will be a great group for expanding a database.
My home was built in '52 so all infrastructure expenses to provide power to the neighborhood has been paid for many times over.  While I don't have solar power there is at least one house in the neighborhood.  They will be grandfathered in and not pay the tax, but I would have to if I decided to install solar - something about "equal protection under the law missing there".   I certainly don't cry for the power companies - in addition to having the politicians all acting...
Apple may have some problems with stores in Oklahoma. Our fight wing nut of a Governor is getting ready to sign a bill that will tax the sun and wind for homes. Get a solar system or a small windmill and you get to pay a "Fee" (the GOP word for Tax) so the poor power company won't go broke.
I believe that the smaller size will continue to be the leader. What is needed is for both versions to be Air designs, with a curved back. The Air back is most important for the smaller version as there are people (my wife included) that does not believe the line to date has been comfortable in their hand.
$70K in merchant fees is enough to make anyone eliminate charge cards.   On the other side of the coin, how many sales were made because your customer had the credit to make the purchase, as opposed to having available cash in their wallet or bank account?  And can you be assured that you will not take a hit when that available credit on a credit card is removed?   I don't believe that Apple really wants to be in the banking business, but they may want a percentage of...
I don't consider the free tickets on BA for my wife and myself to be "trinkets".  It has been a very good card for us and the only one I bother to have.
As noted above, the retailer's systems need to be made safe from attacks like the Target attack. The Target hack is especially important to Apple because it was tied to Target's POS terminals. Those are obviously the devices that Apple's iBeacon would be working with. In terms of current credit cards, millions (including me) have loyalty cards. Mine is a British Airways Visa from Chase and we have had a few trips to the UK & Europe with those miles, and another trip or...