or Connect

Posts by retroneo

The Sony Ericsson Walkman range has had this for over a year.
I imagine AT&T isn't marketing USB 3G Keys as a competitor to DSL/Cable yet? Surely users of these keys would be complaining about issues like this too.
I did some tests when I was in China. e.g. If you type anything related to "falun gong" in, you get connection reset by peer: I was able to get the wikipedia list of banned words partially downloaded using a web content reformatter, then all subsequent accesses to that page were blocked.
Here the ads say "really fast" instead. I have no problem getting 1.5Mbit/s on the iPhone though. However it gives poorer reception than my previous 5 3G phones, it's as bad as my first 3G phone from 2003 - however much of that was due to the Network still being built out back then. I have an officially unlocked iPhone 3G and have changed network. Speeds are vastly better on my new network, but the reception in marginal areas is still not up to scratch.
This is wrong.http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/696007413931
If 2010 is a poor year for Apple hardware, then we'll know what it was....
Unfortunately that isn't how it works. By your reasoning we could take existing PowerPC code and run in amazingly fast on the Toshiba SpursEngine GPU or the many cored IBM Cell in a Playstation.
OpenCL is designed exactly for a Larrabee-type processor. You could code directly for it, but it won't be portable to another stream processor like a Radeon or GeForce. Running traditional x86 code won't use Larrabee anywhere near its potential. They are slow in-order x86 cores like Atom and the original Pentium. Look up the Toshiba SpursEngine for a PowerPC equivalent of the Larrabee. It's a GPU. An IBM Cell processor without the main PowerPC core, just the simple...
Fortunately with hardware abstracted APIs like OpenGL and OpenCL, it doesn't matter whether it fails or succeeds. There are plenty of choices for Apple. OS X currently supports PowerVR, Intel GMA, Radeon and GeForce in Mac OS X. Miro, Larrabee, GoForce, Imageon are some of the options for the future in addition the above.
I wouldn't say that's accurate. It doesn't replace a CPU in a computer, and it is being marketed as a GPU initially.It won't offer any decent performance running today's x86 code. Using OpenCL/OpenGL however makes sense.This is much closer:Larrabee is to an x86 CPU what the Toshiba SpursEngine GPU is to a PowerPC CPU.Check out for more detail:http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ntium-pro.html