or Connect

Posts by Dr.Bimane

Hi, Marvin.   Thanks for the post and the information. I have seen a similar video for that app.   I don't know...I just think it's silly to have to use an app to be able to write higher resolution. It looks very clumsy and awkward and unnatural. I honestly cannot imagine having to do that to actually take notes at a conference or lecture.    I think I will be sticking to a pen and notebook for now.   Thanks, though.
Hi, Thanks for the response.   I don't want to "type" notes. I have a laptop I could bring in for something like that.   I want to take notes in my own handwriting and be able to draw pictures and write equations freely...I want a digital notebook.   I don't think the iPad is there yet.
Hi, guys.   Thanks for the responses. Those were great. Here's my problem - perhaps you can advise me.   I want to get an iPad to use it as a replacement for a notebook. I want to take notes on it at conferences and lectures I go to (etc).   But, I find it frustrating to write with my finger and even with the various stylus inputs. The fat rubber tip is just not cutting it for me. Plus, the "input resolution" is simply too poor to be functional. It's made for...
Hi, everyone.   How do you think Apple will change the iPad to compete with the next generation Surface that is supposed to debut in January?   My understanding is that the surface will be the full fledge Windows operating system on a tablet....   Do you think we will see an iPad with a stylus designed by Apple and with higher resolution input? Maybe an iPad with a true filing system?   Any thoughts?
So WD drives run hot and become noisy when Windows is run on them but not when OSX is run? Weird. Any suggestions for me, then, on a drive I should get knowing that I want to put XP on it for a dual boot system? Thanks, -Dr. Bimane
What do you mean "only when people want to install windows on it..." does it become hot and noisy and crash? Is this a joke? Are you mocking me?
Hi, everyone. I have a Mac Pro (dual 2.6 GHz core 2 duo) and was looking for some advice on an internal hard drive to install. I want to get a 1 TB drive dedicated to windows xp so I can make it dual boot. Any advice on a drive (make and model?) that is fast, quiet, runs cool, and not too expensive...(etc). I would love to hear what worked well (or did not work well) for anyone. Thanks in advance for any input. -Dr. Bimane P.S. I was thinking of getting...
Okay guys. I have another question for you. I appreciate everyone who has contributed already. What do you think the difference in peformance really would be in a Powerlogix dual 1.2 Ghz upgrade card versus a dual 1.7 Ghz card? I know it is a 40% increase in CPU speed but for these upgrade cards, isn't there a bottleneck in the bus speed (100 Mhz for my Sawtooth G4)? I was thinking that there might be dimishing returns for the CPU because it is bottlenecked...
Hi guys. I want to upgrade the video card on my 400 Mhz "Sawtooth" G4. I have a CRT monitor and was wondering if I may still use it after upgrading to a RADEON 9000 PRO. I am not even sure if my Macintosh is compatible with this card. The documentation on the website for the card makes a special note about using the card with my Mac model. But...I do not understand the note. Can someone please interpret this: ADC connector port (OWC NOTE - AGP capable...
Thanks for the replies guys. Rob, what manufacturer was your upgrade card from? What do you think about Powerlogix? Also, about the ATi Raedon 9000 Pro AGP Card.....how much V-Ram? How expensive is it and does this card work with the older CRT Apple displays? Xool, what do you think determines if my machine will "jive with the card". I guess I better double check what the return policy is on the card before I buy it. I am willing to bet that I would be able to...