or Connect

Posts by Dr.Bimane

Hello everyone, Have any of you ever created a document (with graphics) using Word on a PC and then tried opening it in Word X on the Mac....? Whenever I do this, many of the graphics documents (created in Sigma Plot for Windows) have a distorted image. Specifically, the Y-axis labels are always out of place or missing.....etc. How can I solve this problem? The same document opens up perfectly fine in Word while running Virtual PC on the Mac but has the problems...
Hey guys, I have heard that the best version of virtual pc to use with Panther is 5.0.4...... I purchased a copy of VPC 5.0 and then the upgrade to 6.0 and it is agonizingly slow on my 667MHz TiBook (complete waste of money). It sometimes takes up to 30 seconds for a simple command to work. The patch for 5.0.4 was a free upgrade from Connectix but it is no longer available as Microsoft took it down from versiontracker. Does anyone happen to have this...
The iPod is too expensive. It needs to come down $75-$100 across the line. I mean, $499 for the top end model is a bit outrageous - almost half the cost of the low-end iBook!?! That should be $399. -Dr.Bimane
Yes, yes. I know that. I can get the image in there (.jpg is usually what I use). But, when I try to convert the .doc document to a .pdf document with Acrobat Professional, the figures look fuzzy when I print them out, if they convert at all. This is even if the .jpg is a very high quality .jpg. It is amazing how "past special" as a picture makes the image look so good when printed......I just want to know why it slows down my computer despite the fact that it actaully...
Pensieve, I agree that Word sucks but there really is not much of an alternative at this point.....Appleworks? Laugh. Yeah, right. Don't even say Openoffice...... There must be a way to resolve this problem. -Dr.Bimane
Anyone out there really familar with Word? I am trying to prepare a manuscript with Word that includes some figures.....I always thought the best way to include figures (plots and graphs..etc) was to insert them as .jpgs. These figures are made in Sigma Plot and I export them as .jpgs from Sigma Plot (made on a PC) and then insert them into Word on a mac. This apparently, causes printing problems. The .jpgs do not print out well even though they are high quality. The...
Okay, this is a subjective answer to your question but here goes. I have a 400 Mhz G4 AGP tower and a 667 Mhz Tibook. Under jaguar, my laptop always felt faster for everything - from games to typing in word to surfing the net to general OS responsiveness. I recently installed Panther on both machines but I did a clean install on the desktop (I have multiple partions with one dedicated for the OS itself) but an upgrade on the laptop (only one partition with no easy...
Hmm.....you are talking about and asking for advice on Panther but it is not yet officially released.....thus, you have a pirated copy? Don't you know the rules: "....asking for technical support for pirated software is also not allowed and will be treated in the same manner as posts that directly ask for pirated software." I wonder if they will just assume your copy is pirated and lock this forum warning you that the "First offense gets a slap on the wrist. Second...
Hello everyone. I am running Jaguar (any version of OSX) and I have an external SCSI La Cie CD burner (I have a SCSI PCI card)...... ....can I use this burner in OSX? I have not been able to get it to work. It works fine if I boot into OS 9....but no luck in X....any ideas? Is it just not supported? Thanks, -Dr. Bimane
Panther is obviously faster than OS9 when you are multi-tasking..... But even when not, I would say that Panther is approaching the speed of OS9 for responsiveness....maybe not quite as fast but damn close. Menus drop instantly.....windows pop open.....minimizing to the dock is fast....I can scroll through .pdf files much, much more quickly....safari opens sometimes in one bounce....iTunes in 1 bounce. It is GREAT. I love it. It has me wondering whether or not I...