or Connect

Posts by TMA

Hi, I have a question or two about adding a second monitor to my slot loading G3 iMac (500Mhz) I'm considering purchasing a nice Sony 17inch External monitor for my it I know it's easy to add a monitor to the VGA port at the back but i'm wondering if I can somehow get the ATI graphics card (16mb) to display a higher resolution than 1024x768 - Surely it's capable. I understand that it just mirrors the internal display, and since the internal display wont run higher than...
The prices for an external DVD player are really high. You could probably pick up a cheapish (but fully functional) DVD box for a normal TV and find a RF/Video to USB Adapter (the ones that let you watch TV on your desktop) & still have change left over for two or three films.
I'm not sure what the problem is exactly but I have a few suggestions. When the first generation iMacs first came out many people suffered from poor connection speeds because the modem script supplied with the operating system (OS 8.6 at the time I think) wsn't that brilliant. So it could be Apple haven't made a decent script to go with the modem in the new iMacs. Keep checking for updates from Apple. Also there are a number of other modem scripts around the web that...
Same thing happens to me, whenever I eject or insert a CD in OS X the sound breaks for a second or two (Although I do have a slower iMac 500Mhz G3) I also notice other breaks in iTunes playback in OS X, e.g Dialing internet or heavy CPU usage. None of these things happen in OS 9 (the only break in sound I get in 9 is at the start of burning a CD in iTunes and at the end before it ejects) Tell me it gets better with more RAM (currently on 256Mb)
Cow
Wow! That's the closest drawing/mockup i've seen! (even better than the mosr drawings - based on inside info)
For those that own iPods, what are your experiences and thoughts on them? I'm thinking about getting one but at £323 (Edit: Just found 'education' price - How on earth will listening to music in my lectures help with my education?) it's a fairly big decision (for a poor student anyway) How many people have dropped one ( ) and has it survived? What about the lack of bass/treble controls on the unit? - Do iTunes equaliser presets copy over? Or does it just sound...
For those that own iPods, what are your experiences and thoughts on them? I'm thinking about getting one but at £323 (Edit: Just found 'education' price - How on earth will listening to music in my lectures help with my education?) it's a fairly big decision (for a poor student anyway) How many people have dropped one ( ) and has it survived? What about the lack of bass/treble controls on the unit? - Do iTunes equaliser presets copy over? Or does it just sound...
French Mustard