or Connect

Posts by cajun

A few things:1) I don't think that Foxconn has "inhuman working conditions". You hear a lot about the number of suicides there, but the fact of the matter is that China, itself, has a very high suicide rate. The suicide rate at Foxconn is actually somewhere around 1/2 to 1/3 of China's rate. Life at Foxconn is actually pretty good compared to the rest of China.2) How do you raise up the standard of living in third-world countries? You invest money there. You build...
I'd also add that Apple likely dragged their feet on releasing the 4S because the 4 was selling so well.
Oh lawd... didn't the rumor sites just get bodyslammed? And we're already throwing out a new round of crazy rumors?
Not at all, but the action is publicly symbolic of the board's displeasure with him.
I use my 3GS every day. While I'm anxiously awaiting the new upgrade, I don't have any complaints with the 3GS per se; in fact, my daughter is anxiously awaiting it as a hand-me-down. I really don't see any reason to force the retirement of the 3GS.
Doesn't make sense to me. If you buy an iPod Classic today, you're still going to want apps for it, and the cost for Apple to continue hosting them is negligible.
That's not the issue. The issue is the diluting of Apple's brand. Apple spends a lot of time, effort, and money on their designs; they are not a cookie-cutter company. They sell their products based on the designs. Everybody knows this.So, when lazy Samsung decides to glom onto Apple's "cool factor" by stealing Apple's designs, it makes Apple's products look less special. Apple's brand is no longer distinct.Samsung has got to be the dumbest company on the face of the...
I do tend to wonder why Apple's renderings show uncut grass... it makes the building look abandoned.
Sounds like a solution looking for a problem, since the iPhone currently only uses one cable.
Yeah, I didn't really mean to imply that it should be a one-man show. Even Jobs in the last few years have been emphasizing the involvement of other Apple execs.