or Connect

Posts by retiarius

Are these noise-cancelling? If not, why not?
Is there any extra protection against the Elcom backup downloader if 2-step auth is *not* yet set up? For example, with at least with one person I know, I can reset their Apple ID password, knowing only the Apple ID, birthdate and one security question (I guess they never set up 2.)   Didn't the Elcom downloader rely only upon that?     (And yes, I did see the bit how Apple will now send out email/device notifications after such a breach ex-post-facto.)
Counsel: "You mean to tell me that Apple's stoplist did not preclude my client from choosing 'Princess1' as a password?"   Defense: "Your honor, ladies and gentleman of the jury.  That is correct, but 'Princess1' is only #2 on the "ibrute" list, so that our (temporary-only) gaffe with the "no counters" Find My iPhone URL login cannot be implicated."
Was it ever determined that the purchase was done with unrepatriated foreign cash, since both Beats and Apple Inc. have Irish subsidiaries, possibly saving taxes, per: http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/23/apple-could-save-over-1b-on-alleged-beats-deal-with-international-acquisition---report
 Updating this with more killjoy definitive expertise (for Al atomic number 13), with four pronunciations,two in the Queen's English and two with American accent.         http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/british/aluminium#
Nice thread, with the Barenaked Ladies tune a good catch.   Now, language lawyers (or rather barristers), please explain molybdenum:         http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/british/molybdenum#
Yeah, much better than normal titles like: All about H.265 (and Why You Haven't Heard a Peep about it in Years)Introduction, the new Apple Autostereoscopic 8K DisplaysMac Pro Speedbump 1 (Programming for 48-cores)iPhone 7 sessions (TBA)Undocumented Features 1, How to "Take Over" your friend's Nest ThermostatBrainwave Monitoring (Lab Preview)Wireless Power for iPhone, Care and FeedingMac Pro Speedbump 2 (Bitcoin Mining Fabric Instruction Set)M8 Co-processor Technology for...
Agree about the strong upgrade cycle. As a datapoint, in my AT&T family plan, months ago, I had carefully planned to upgrade everyone to a 5S because the 2-year contract dates were clustered too closely, but because the carrier pushed out all these upgrade dates (18-months at the time), no sale! As many know, unless you are planning to switch carriers, on full two-year subsidy plans you "lose money" if you don't take advantage of an upgrade as soon as that date rolls...
But that's just a few patents out of Apple's portfolio of hundreds just for the iPhone.($100M, possibly trebled) isn't bad for just one or a few! Seems like a regular part of negotiation -- ask for the moon and settle for less.But in a regular out-of-court settlement, usually the two sides portfolios are "weighed"against each other, almost like grading papers by the number of pages.  Because ofthis, as a "patent early, patent often" believer, IBM extracted much in the way...
What you experienced (a peremptory challenge) is the usual setup, similar to lawyers & doctors being dismissed from certain case types.Perhaps each side's limited number of challenges were used up before he was selected, and he passed the judge's sniff test,which usually goes "despite having worked in this arena, would this bias your impartial judgement?"   I wish Groklaw were still aroundto cover this minutiae.   Oh yes, for those who wonder why people who "know too much"...