or Connect

Posts by retiarius

According to briefed Apple staff at Macworld, websurfing uses WiFi as the default, but "invisibly" switches to EDGE if you are not at a hotspot. The Skype call biz is a non-starter since the Applephone will not run third-party applications or widgets.
The other disconcerting thing is that (at least on the Macworld showroom floor) digital photos were getting squished to 720p [they used 1080p TVs with the Resolution tab set to 720p, and there were no other choices). For video, this is understandable, but plenty of folks want to use all 1920x1080 pixels on their high-priced HDTV for photo display. So for this "dot-for-dot" videophile market, the solution remains use of a Mini or Mac Book with Front Row (and requisite DVI...
Unfortunate. Also, don't forget (according to briefed Apple staff on the showroom floor) that photos are getting squished to 720 horizontal lines -- the fuzzification was obvious on the 40-42" (Sony) 1080p TVs there. If a photo buff wants to see all 1080 lines on a big-investment HDTV screen, use the DVI->HDMI cable solution from a modern MacBook (or MBP, or Mini) using Front Row.
of course not, with musical hits from: oscar peterson guy lombardo paul anka joni mitchell neil young gordon lightfoot leonard cohen ian & sylvia buffy sainte-marie steppenwolf celine dion bryan adams cowboy junkies barenaked ladies alanis morissette avril lavigne sarah mclachlan nelly furtado and video output from: christopher plummer william shatner pamela anderson donald sutherland dan aykroyd jim carrey keanu reeves not to mention alex trebek rich little art...
If courts were to adjudicate for Cisco in the States by awarding damages, years from now if ever, Apple would simply charge a similar amount for Cisco violating apple's iPhone mark in the U.K., Australasia, etc. It's best for Cisco to license for a token fee rather than give money to lawyers for uncertain return. As for Apple TV, see:
we all know that the current video iPod uses a broadcom 2722/2724 chip for H.264 decode. has broadcom yet updated this series to jam in 802.11? (running analog composite wires out the headphone jack is getting a bit old). i'm not worried about power since iPod -> iTV would bypass the decoder and use the battery for 802.11.
looks like my estimate when this thing broke in june/july was off by a little, but not the horrendous amounts bandied about by the fourth estate.
The SEC situation is still unclear, according to: http://www.law.com/jsp/ca/PubArticle...=1166782011784 Any Martha Stewart (once an "Apple Master")-like investigation apparently is still an option. Though it's good to get the non-cash charges out of way on the last business day of the year, I worry about any potential treble damages related to the Jobs stock option grant later. If the big grant is part of the re-statement (some say include it because the...
Because of privacy concerns (it's hard to see how a corporation or a bank would yield credit card transaction records), I wrote to Forrester about the data. It is indeed like a voluntary "Nielsen rating" system. From the report (Methodology section): The data for this report came from Forrester's Ultimate Consumer Panel (UCP), a nationally representative panel of more than 7,000 US online consumers. The UCP passively and continuously tracks statement and...
To sunilraman -- melgross speaks veracity in these threads, and he is correct in surmising that the Schmidt gesture is not that big of a deal financially. The value is in the ripeness of the symbolism. BTW, Schmidt is not the first to travel down this road. I.e. witness board member Art Levinson of Genentech. Also a CEO of means, his intrigue about Apple is genuine despite any (token) AAPL remuneration. (I know enough folks there who have seen first hand that...