or Connect

Posts by Vadania

Why did you do that? I never received a welcome, but I have read others who have had an actual welcome... Did I miss something?I have collected 21 of Tallests (Troll) responses (he wouldn't give me the complete list). And this person had 1 post so you attacked this person!? Please let me know what I missed. I must have missed something rather large....
I'm almost ready to agree with you.Maps is such a small return, which I believe you we're eluding to, that I do not believe it will sway one to one form or the other.Still have not seen an iPhone 5, and I'm at the "Happiest Place on Earth". I'm quite literally amazed I haven't seen one yet.
So far everything has been "Unconfirmed", "Anonymous", "Mock-up" and other adjectives describing the authors reluctance to stand behind the parts. The full fledge Television has at least seen mention in an authorized book.It may come to fruition, or it may be a rumor. I'm leaning heavily towards it being a VERY large scale rumor.
As I'm sure you previously read, I'm in complete agreement with you on this. I see no point in an iPad Mini, even as I was almost sure there would be an announcement yesterday.However you mention "Anyone stupid" above. Keep in mind that most of Wall Street still believes this rumor. Unfortunately I don't believe they know that the whole idea came from a rumor site such as this one (or perhaps another). They may believe Apple leaked these ideas like Microsoft's...
You are absolutely correct. I tried to keep my post brief.He's a gentleman with a degree in Engineering who specializes in Image Processing and Interpretation. He wrote his thesis on estimation and algorithms for satellite image deconvolution.It sounds like both you and he would get along well.Also, if you read that post I mentioned that he responded with exactly what you stated (shortened). The older, Google, maps are indeed aerial when I had actually believed they...
How high does your list go? Is this something that you collaborated on with the other moderators? Can you post the whole list? ...or e-mail it to me?I think that's hilarious! LOLAs Homer Simpson would say "It's funny because it's true!"
O.k. I finally sent an e-mail to someone with a Phd. in satellite imagery just because I knew I wasn't crazy that my view of New England has changed. It turns out I'm only partially right. (REALLY condensing his email here...). Apparently Google uses many different types of images at varying altitudes for their maps, and most of New England is actually photographed by plane at an altitude of around 1000'. Apple is only using satellite imagery except for their 'Flyover'...
I do understand your points, and.... Thank you! :o)
I was using large numbers i.e. 1000' for simplicity of the point, not accuracy of the point. I can see if I can have someone get the actual breakdown, but its different for every scale point.However if you bring it down to a more realistic standpoint, say 4'per pixel, you will get exactly what we have. While your actual spot on the map may take up 1.5 - 2', the pixel resolution is 4'. Over the course of three or four city blocks it's a rather large discrepancy. Which...
This is what I have been stating here. You have finally noticed the low resolution pixel density of the satellite imagery. The "road" data may be correct and the GPS will show it as such. The problem exists in the pixel density of the satellite image. When one mapping pixel = 1000' instead of 100' you will have inconsistencies such as you experienced. However, once you traveled to the new base point pixel and checked again it realigned the map. You actually have to...