or Connect

Posts by Vadania

I'm posting this just because it's some of my favorites.  It's high voltage and amperage.  Electricity always wants to get back to its source and sometimes it can be rather stubborn.   Mind you, that if you were standing anywhere near this you could possibly be vaporized.  It's unknown actually.  However you absolutely would not survive.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iue5RGZlWEU   Another favorite.  This is due to natural elements creating a...
Again, one more time for the masses.  Voltage alone will not hurt you and and will not impede your speech.  It's very much physically possible to speak while having 220volts pass through your body.  It's when you put enough amperage in the equation that it will probably hurt.   Here's a few groups of people who are experimenting with an electrical fence.  It's unknown what the voltage on the fences were, however it could be as high as 10,000volts.   I DO NOT SUGEST TRYING...
I understand I'm using your statement out of context, but what you said above is simply untrue.   In the United States we have the N.E.C. (National Electric Code).  Beyond that certain states have amendments to those regulations.  In my own state we have the Mass Amendments which in relatively simple terms make the national code a bit more strict.  This has very little to do with off shore manufacturing and applies very lightly if at all to imports.  Even if it was...
It has happened before.  I would be interested.   I'm applying for my doctorate in this field.  Magnetics and applied electric.  I actually study this field every single day.  So far I have not seen anything in any of the reports that could actually point to any cause other than electricity.  There's simply too many variables and the conditions are unknown if not guessed.  Electricity happens to be a very conditional property.   Nothing that has been reported thus far...
Again, it's not the voltage that causes harm.  It's the amperage.  I know that's what you're stating and I'm agreeing.   Just pointing out for everyone again that you can have tens of thousands of volts passing through your body without harm.  However even less than 1 amp will cause your muscles to contract so hard that you can not let go of what is electrocuting you.  At that point the current will continue to course through your body and cause irreparable harm.  Your...
Without all of the facts and an actual unbiased investigation it's literally impossible to tell what or who was at fault.  It could be simple negligence.  Faulty parts, or even just the outlier aspect of having so many of one product in use that you finally hit even an extremely low probability statistic.   I'm quite sure this is only in the world spot light simply because it's regarding an Apple product and that generates clicks and views.   Keep in mind that the odds of...
Thank you.  Big hugs!
With all due respect I hope you just made that number up to exaggerate...   This was the first thing that came up on Google on my phone.  I'm not for believing everything on the internet, but at least it's supposedly from a University and submitted by a Council of Electrical Contractors.   I hope people who are pulling numbers out of thin air read this link.  I also truly hope that no one tries the car battery trick from the earlier poster that called me...
Read my original post.  By listing which variable changed does not change the fact that Voltage does not harm people it is Amperage that causes harm.   Case in point is static electricity which can regularly reach voltages of 10-20kV directly on a human body without causing harm.  It only causes mild discomfort when it discharges because there is very, very little current.   It's also the reason why people are know to have survived lightning strikes.  Lightning is also...
Whoa Mr. Felix man!  Thanks for the personal attack!   I just made a quick valid point.  If you want I'll supply all of the math.  I did say if conditions were right didn't I?   In your situation you don't even need to be standing in a bucket of water.  The human body (while dry only) has a resistance of about 1 million ohms.  That's actually the reason you can grab those two terminals without being shocked.  Try wetting both your hands and then grabbing the...