or Connect

Posts by gumby5647

Hey all. I'm trying to get myself out of debt this summer so one way im going to do this is buy "downgrading" my system and hopefully make a few hundred bucks toward the debt. I have a 12" iBook 800Mhz Combo...384MB RAM...everything else stock. Purchased in March, still under warranty Want to trade it for a CRT iMac (plus cash depending on model). Any speed or color CRT iMac will do as long as it has an internal burner. If you're interested in upgrading...
hey don't look at me....i just copy and paste. here's the ars thread on it. (long) http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=48409524&m=5400984235
from ars: This used to be the link, which now no longer works: www.maccentral.macworld.com/news/0209/06.education.php Apple Computer Inc., the once dominant computer company in the U.S. education market, has seen its education market share slip in recent years. Apple, like many other hardware vendors, have fallen victim to the aggressive practices of Dell Computer Corp. and...
well then next time why don't you get me a toilet, if that's what you think i need... later...
[quote]Originally posted by Capt. Obvious: Y'know, you could have upped your post-count just as easily without the PDI [No]
yeah, because that was EXACTLY what i was tring to do...
Yes Corel. The Re-invention of the Corel Office Suite. Why Corel and not Open/Star Office? Simple. Corel has one thing that Open office doesn't, A Name. Go up to anyone on the street and ask them if they've heard of Open Office. Most of them are going to look at you and ask back, "you mean Microsoft Office?" Now go up to them and ask them if they've heard of Corel Word Perfect. Some or most of them will say something like "oh yeah, from a few years ago...i vagually...
alright everyone sit down for this one... APPLE IBM and COREL Explanation to follow when i get home....
god, im am so f'ing sick of car analogies..... [No]
[quote]Originally posted by grad student: just to point a few things out... intel is not the enemy. Intel is the competition. They are mac users best friends. Why? if there was no pressure from external entities, there is less motivation to innovate. less motivation to price hardware competitively. Simply having intel exist benifits mac users, and the fact that Intel has huge performance leads over mac hardware (sidestepping all debates...), makes the enviornment...
[quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x: I'd agree with you, well ok ok I do agree with you, but i'm ALWAYS seeing PC parts fairl and people saying 'their HD died", "their monitor died", "their mb fried"...ect If its diff HW, then windows must be rough on the board somehow, becuase although i know there are many PC's that are 5yrs and older with no problems, the fact is that their are more with i'd think. The biggest problem with mac HW i've ever had is the 17"...