or Connect

Posts by umumum

no, you're incorrect a carrier-branded+restricted 4.4  will not tether out of the box, but this can be defeated a sim-free 4.4 phone will tether freely
apple's 8gb has 3.7gb less storage than samsung's 16gb, because of all the crap samsung add   yawn   ai is really struggling for clickbait today
 yep, silly is the word, buying companies can be good or bad, it's down to how good the acquirer is at assimilation, rationalization and exploitation, i've seen some real screw ups from the inside, thankfully from the "i told you so" position, simply looking at how many or how much is pointless btw google didn't drop $8b on motorola, it had already sold the home unit for $2.4b, the details of the lenovo sale aren't publicm ,, and there're rumours that through the usual...
always find it amazing that the usa is still stuck in the past with swipe and signature, it's hideously insecure, fraud is trivial   this product seems to do away with even the pitiful security offered by a signature check, if it's accepted by retailers the thieves will absolutely love it   chip and pin dramatically reduces fraud levels, if a shop/whatever in europe expects me to just swipe, or, even worse, gets out the embossing machine, i instantly think 'scam' and...
  prove that only "ONE got past Apple.", for all we know other apps have been exploiting the vulnerability for ages, security services and criminals don't shout about it   prove that "Hundreds of thousands get into whatever they call the Android app store.", although what relevance that has to apple i'm not sure   but of course you can't prove it, here's some free advice, spend less time posting lies on the internet, and one day you may own as many apple shares as i...
product manufacturer makes its stuff run benchmarks well   duh   ai looks sadder every day   when the powerpc macs, which i personally loved and still have some going, were getting trashed in benchmark after benchmark, apple and fanboys whined for years that benchmarks didn't count   they didn't then, they don't now   the vast majority of computing systems are far more powerful than necessary, gamers who say they 'need' ever more fps would do better...
  this   they even screwed up the status page, it simply claims the time of last update as the current time, even when there's been no update for many hours
  typically each carrier will only release the update after 'approving' it, i.e. adding their bloatware and branding, the only way around it is acquiring an alternate image and manually updating, which is beyond most people - some carriers never release the update, even though the manufacturer made it available long ago   it's exacerbated by some carriers having contractual terms blocking the release of generic updates to sim-free phones until after they, eventually,...
  online certification exams are a cheat's paradise and worthless as proof of competence   i've done lots prometric-run exams, they check two different ids, have an empty pockets rule and video monitor test stations to watch for people sneaking in phones, cheat sheets etc., if you think apple is going do do a better job online you are delusional   with an online exam there's no telling who actually clicked the buttons, or whether it was done on the basis of knowledge...
  Can you back that statement up with proof?   It will take some doing as there are plenty of examples where previous front page links suddenly fell off.