or Connect

Posts by skyzlmt

This all sounds so familiar... wait a minute... this is just like the downfall of Steve Martin's Optigrab from the movie, The Jerk
  At least two mobile game platforms supporting iOS offer Lua...  Corona and Marmalade.
  Maybe there is just a market for simple looking games that are fun.   Does the 53 yr old housewife want 3d virtual worlds?   Analogy.... (ut hoh!) Today there are thousands of options for electronic music from synthesizers, to computers...  all that rich layered sound at your fingertips, yet every week there is a song in heavy rotation on the radio that is just a guitar, drums and a few people singing.  Hey... Ho... Hey... Ho..
Aren't most developers moving to cross-platform "write once, compile many" solutions? i.e. Marmalade, Corona, Unity? This is still helpful but chance many successful developers never really see their coding change because this will be a layer behind the 3rd party dev system they use.
Hasn't this been a problem since the first day the SMTP protocol was created? Any goof ball with .net and 5 lines of code can firebomb someone's email box with unlimited emails.
How about people who already own one iPad, like the format.. and are purchasing a second for spouse or kids? Thats completely new business, from existing customers
its all about LTE   The monthly fee is the same regardless of choosing: "slow and barely works where I live" 4g or the "damn this is really fast" LTE   So spending $200 extra for the 5 is inconsequential. $200 over 24 months... is about $8 extra a month, when you are spending $100 per month for service.   For me and those in my area, the small % premium of an iPhone 5 is well worth it for something that actually works.
Breaking news!!!!   As Microsoft gears up for a 2013 update to the Xbox platform, we are surprised to see that the original XBOX product is outselling the XBOX 360! This is based on our channel checks which indicate that when trying to purchase an "classic" Xbox, all retailers indicated they were out of stock which clearly shows a much stronger demand for the 11 yr old original Microsoft gaming platform.     Ok, now I am being silly.
Breaking news!!!!   As Microsoft gears up for a 2013 update to the Xbox platform, we are surprised to see that the original XBOX product is outselling the XBOX 360! This is based on our channel checks which indicate that when trying to purchase an "classic" Xbox, all retailers indicated they were out of stock!     Ok, now I am being silly.
  And obviously I exaggerrated to make a point.   But honestly.... if they have limited capacity to build phones, and limited people, and more money is made on the iPhone 5.... If I am Apple/Foxconn i am putting my people on making iPhone 5s, letting the 4 inventory levels run a lower.   Here comes another of my bad analogies... Reporter walks into McDonald's and orders a Fish sandwich, and is told they are out of them.  The clerk offers a burger instead. The next...