or Connect

Posts by skyzlmt

Maybe its propaganda put out by a major carrier (or carriers) who isn't fully ready to support LTE...  and with consumers knowing this they fear a mass exodus of consumers when the 5 comes out.   Here is the script you will be hearing all across the non-LTE areas of the country: "We wont have LTE in your area until 2013... but truthfully 47% of consumers say they don't need LTE... and the 53% are the heavy users downloading video...   you're probably not a heavy video...
True that 3g speed probably is good enough for most users.  The problem is, 90% of the places I go (all well populated towns and cities in the Philadelphia area) have awful 3g speed on ATT.   I know they can support it.  Oddly, there are few spots right in the middle of Center City Philadelphia that oddly get very fast 3g speed for me.  Then step a few miles away and smartphones are useless.   So... I want 4g speed...  not for HD video or streaming vid phone...
Whats the difference between a bigger iPod touch and a smaller iPad?
The feeling people get from buying something... is an adrenaline rush.  Euphoria.  Almost like a mild drug.   Taking the time to track down a sale, or clip a coupon... just the foreplay feeling of "Oh we have to get to JCPenny this weekend, there is a big sale"... well all that heightens that feeling of euphoria. Even people who HATE shopping feel better when buying at a sale, or with a coupon, cause they feel they've beaten the system  "Yeah I have to shop......
An reason for this could be... Not every product a manufacturer makes is expected to bring in the same profit margins. Could be as simple as expanding their markets, or locking more people in to their platform so that when it comes time to upgrade... they stay with the manufacturer.   Similarly... While GM would love to sell everyone an expensive and profit ladened Corvette or Cadillac...  but many can only afford a Chevy Sonic.  And when that Chevy Sonic owner...
that one quoted paragraph is the best explanation of what this stuff is.   ty  
Seriously? Jobs built the plan, the products, the timeline... Kinda like Dad builds a new house himself and let's his little boy step up to put in the last nail and says "Good job Timmy, you built a beautiful house! " That money should be given to the Jobs family...
And if in some crazy way the new iPhone does not have true 4G LTE, knock several hundred out of the stock estimates.
Which instead amounts to $103,000 a day if he were to fulfill that requirement, as noted by Philip Elmer-Dewitt at Apple 2.0. Oh my God! How will he ever be able to feed his family on 100,000 a day!!?!? Just wanted to say it first. :-)
I think in this scenario... Foxconn and Apple are considered one and the same. Brazil wouldnt let APPLE sell its products there, unless manufactured there. APPLE told foxconn to build facilities in Brazil. Believe me... If Apple announced they were ponying up a billion or two for a US plant and asked Foxconn to run it, it would happen.