or Connect

Posts by macshark

Amid indications that Apple Inc. is ratcheting up its iPad production targets to meet booming demand, iSuppli Corp. is ratcheting up its shipment forecast as well. iSuppli now predicts Apple will ship 12.9 million iPads in 2010, an increase from the previous forecast issued April 2nd of 7.1 million units. Shipments will rise to 36.5 million in 2011 and 50.4 million in 2012. http://www.isuppli.com/Display-Mater...-Forecast.aspx
Those plastic cases cost about 25c to manufacture, though after you factor in the packaging and distribution related expenses, the cost may be in the $1 range.
No antenna fix. The most likely scenario is that a case would be included in the iPhone 4G package.
AAPL will exceed GOOG by the end of next year! Hopefully due to AAPL share price gains and not because of GOOG share price decline...
The 200MB for $15 plan would have been much more interesting if the customer automatically got upgraded to (and charged for) the 2GB for $25 plan for any month where the customer's usage exceeded 200MB. Charging $30 for 201MB usage is nothing but a scam.
A reasonable rate for the new plans would have been: 1. 100MB plan: $10 for the first 100MB, $5 for each additional 100MB 2. 1GB plan: $20 for the first 1GB, $5 for each additional GB These plans would cost exactly the same as what is being offered by AT&T for 200MB and 2GB usage levels, but they would be much more practical (and attractive) for light and medium/heavy users of bandwidth. Yes, using 5GB would cost $40 instead of $30, but one could argue that it would have...
$15 per extra 200MB on the 200MB/mo plan is highway robbery. $5 per extra 200MB would have been a much more reasonable billing option. Even at the "reasonable" overage rate of $5/200MB, using 2GB would cost $60.
Both my iPod touch (1G) and my iPhone 3GS have scratches on their screens. The 1G iPod touch screen is definitely not very scratch resistant. I think the small scratch on the 3GS was caused by the rivet on my jeans while putting it in my pocket. I had several Nokia phones before my iPhone and over the course of many years, I experienced zero scratched screens despite carrying them in my pockets w/o any case. Of course, one could argue that the surface area of the screens...
Netflix is actually currently the leader in online media delivery for Video rentals. The reason why they were able to accomplish this was partly because they have better technology than others (e.g. real time h.264 streaming compared to Amazon's solution that has delays and requires local storage) but mostly because they had a good customer base through their mail order DVD rental business. Make no mistake, Netflix's long term goal is to switch to a pure online delivery...
Ideas for Apple acquisitions: 1. Buy Netflix. Netflix is worth less than $3.5B and is a profitable company. This is the way to turn AppleTV from a hobby to an industry leading product. 2. Get into content distribution business by buying one or more content distribution companies. 3. Buy Adobe, though Adobe is nearly worth $18B and has a very high P/E ratio. This would settle any problems with flash and mobile MacOS devices once and for all. Apple ends up with a set of...