or Connect

Posts by agramonte

No wrong again - I need a mobile device so I can edit work done on a non mobile device. You think I go to the office and sit infront of a 15 inch laptop to do design? you think our marketing department hangs out on macbook Airs down the hall? You think we do layouts on Apple Pages? that every Implementation Manual from our clients can be met with Helvetica and Palatino?   We have mobile devices so when edits come to the Annual Report at the time you are sitting at an...
  Yes, but non of the things I mentioned above. I have a Jot Touch I use with Procreate and it is fine - but compared to my Mac and a Wacom it is a toy - every things value is dependent on what you compare it to.   Yes!, iOS is a better consumption device over OSX and Windows - and Windows and OSX make for a Better productivity device over iOS. It is that simple.
  trust me - by your statement I'm not the clueless one.   Every car you drive were designed by Engeniers and Industrial designers - they were checked by electrical engeniers and built of 3d models and sometimes even clay by artist that spent years training long before it hit an assembly line.   That is the problem - you think the "assembly line" is where the bar is set - it is not - just like where people are using iPads to do "work" in a corporation is no where near the...
  jesus, it is a the day when a person is a troll in the Apple community for pointing out that iOS is a toy geared to the common. Glad I work with people who think otherwise.   I think Surface with all its limitation has more of a hope of being a productivity station over an iPad any day of the week... It is not at the level of a MAC but it is for sure above an iPad.
  really... oh well, I guess different minds do not think a like.
  Let me pu it to you this way - I use crayons and Oil pastels - but I understand one is not the other.    I'm sorry, but I must think more of Apple - I think they should be able to make a full featured OSX tablet and not be a disaster.
  1) If you think an iPad is for work, well - not much can be done about that. 2) I'm sure that the "limited" can feel that there is such a thing as non fart apps for an ipad (just like to some Crayons are art supplies) but I would disagree 3) Really?... that is just nonsense. 4) You missed the "geared to the common" part of my statement. 5) you did see that it comes with a full sensitive stylus (you never seen a mac being used with a Wacom?) and it is a PC so any mouse...
most talented people use OSX... please lets not confuse that with an iPad
    If you do not get why some are willing to put up with a fan, just to get a tablet that at a minimum tries to be a PC - Apple makes iOS for you.   Just like Macs are not for everyone, neither is this. Being able to load any Font I wish is worth putting up with a Fan... Oh, when I was a junior designer back in 2001 the studio gave me a Powerbook Ti... I'm sure I can deal with whatever heat this generates.
I love the reversal... just like you buy a Mac to do actual work (where the average joe can get by with a PC) and you pay a premium for it - Now we turn to Microsoft for a Tablet that is an actual computer (one for the talented people who can not survive on 0.99 Fart Apps) and the average untalented goes and gets an iPad.   And just like when PC users held the sales figures over the Mac users - so will the iPad users point at the mass sales of the iPad over the...