or Connect

Posts by pensieve

But why is IIS and MSSQL less secure? You still haven't answered the question. And if you actually read my first post, I was talking about the SQL Slammer worm slowing down the internet, not just the viruses.Umm, did you miss the part where I said "I hate MS"? This isn't just about windows. And if companies don't use MSSQL, how was the worm propagated?And somehow the users who don't choose to upgrade are left prey to the critical security flaws in Safari? Did I miss...
Why would you want a DVD player in your console? By now, just about everyone has a standalone. Better to cut costs and lower the price. I got a GC when it and the XBox came out. The lower price of the GC won me over. And I'm sure it did (and does) the same for many would-be buyers. edit: 666!!!. I believe I should stop here...
I can't compare the 867 model to the 1ghz model, but I can say that my rev. A 867 model has been problem free since I got it. (Well, the feet fell off but that's because I tend to slide it around on surfaces.) The heat issue almost never gets to me. If you do get an 867, you'll be more than happy. Just be sure you get some sort of warranty on it because any little thing can be pricey to fix on a laptop.
But, you see, this is the reason the iTMS and Apple's strategy with the iPod is so brilliant. Right now, Apple's got the cards to play with. It's the market leader and can outright destroy the competition when it comes to portable audio players and online music distribution. The iTMS is Apple's way of using its unique position as hardware and software vendor to its advantage. You want to buy music from the iTMS? You've got to have an iPod to play it on. Apple wins on both...
baker baker. tori amos, under the pink (great album, BTW - one of my top 10 all time)
I feel bad for rageous. He walked into a fight that Scott was trying to pick (unsuccessfully). So, Scott, how are the NEA and AFL-CIO like Carlyle? How many people have NEA and AFL-CIO been responsible for killing? And how much did they make from it?
With cdbaby.org, I don't see why anyone would sign with a label. I emailed them to see if they were going to be on iTMS and they said a contract is in place and they are now re-encoding their music for placement in the store. edit: see cdbaby's terms for digital distribution. Seems like a sweet deal to me.
Umm, what NEA then?
It's different because people can't make money on the music itself. There is no benefit to the storefronts themselves. Only if MS comes out with an iPod competitor will they stand to benefit. At the rate MS is going, I don't think they'll be able to pull off another loss leader like the XBox is. Investors in MS are getting testy (the stock has gone sideways or backwards while others in the sector have gained value). I don't think MS will see this as a viable area. They are...
Even if there's some connection there, how many people has the National Endowment for the Arts killed? Or the AFL-CIO? Or rather, actions that were taken to benefit the NEA or AFL-CIO (to be more accurate) as is the case here. But, you're right, no one wants to start that thread. It's not sexy. Really though, are you equating the NEA with the Carlyle group? I'm sure there are billions upon billions hanging in the balance at the NEA headquarters. "Scott, meet...