or Connect

Posts by KPOM

True. Banks in particular are notorious for calling just about everyone in middle management some type of "Vice President." "Assistant Vice President" is basically a supervisor. Apple doesn't have "Executive Vice Presidents" so their Senior Vice Presidents are actually very senior, but Chief anything is still above that. What Ive's deal seems to me is that he is stepping into an expanded strategic role and delegating his managerial and administrative responsibilities to...
Not necessarily. This would have required a radical change at RIM, but they could have switched to a software focus much earlier than they did and partnered with Google on Android. Of course, then they would have become one of many Android OEMs.The reality is that Apple was always going to cede the low end of the market, where volumes are much higher but profits much lower. Nokia used to dominate that realm. Then Samsung, and now companies like Xiaomi are aiming for it....
My guess is that AT&T will drop 2 year contracts entirely, and this is the first step.
On Macrumors someone pointed out that the speaker used the term "aluminum" instead of the British "aluminium."
 It appears to be: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V62XBY8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
More important to me is what size process does it use? 28nm? 20nm? If they can get the S2 onto the new 14nm or 16nm processes from Samsung or TSMC, then they can likely squeeze more battery life out of the next version.
 This happens all the time. She may not necessarily have been forced out. It could have been voluntary because she didn't want to report to a former peer. Either way, it's fairly common when a new leader is announced for others in consideration to move on, either within the organization or outside it.
I have seen two of the S6 Edge in the wild (one at an airport, the other at a hockey game) by end-consumers, but no S6 that I can tell. I expect it will sell significantly better than the lackluster S5, but it would be surprising if it did not sell well in Korea.
The Macworld writers had lots of issues setting up their new MacBook. I had some issues with Migration Assistant the second time around (long story, a Boot Camp installation corrupted the GUID partition table and I had to restart), but I don't think I encountered the issue above.
     Hindsight may not be 20/20 on whether the trial period should have been before the orders began. That happened in Australia and New Zealand and they had lines around the stores, which apparently isn't what they wanted, either. As for the MacBook, my guess is that this is a supply chain issue, which is not in Ahrendts' control, but instead is on the SVP-Operations. Quanta had some serious QC issues, it seems. In any case, had they launched try-ons March 27th and the...