or Connect

Posts by KPOM

Hindsight may not be 20/20 on whether the trial period should have been before the orders began. That happened in Australia and New Zealand and they had lines around the stores, which apparently isn't what they wanted, either. As for the MacBook, my guess is that this is a supply chain issue, which is not in Ahrendts' control, but instead is on the SVP-Operations. Quanta had some serious QC issues, it seems. In any case, had they launched try-ons March 27th and the...
I actually think the opposite. This doesn't take up much more space than the iPad Air inside a messenger bag or briefcase. In fact, it fits inside a secondary inner pocket in my Tumi messenger bag. It is so portable, a person with an iPhone 6 Plus or even iPhone 6 might wonder whether an iPad makes sense, since you can do so much more with a "real" Mac running OS X. Albeit with an adapter, it's easy to attach a USB key and access a "real" file system and edit files on...
The point is that the race to the bottom affects quality. Granted, Apple's margins are very high, and a company could be successful with lower margins, but the rest of the industry seems to take it to the opposite extreme. The poster who you replied to essentially got the Moto 360 for $79. A cheap Fossil or Swatch cost that much. 
In a promo video it looked like a hockey puck strapped to the PR woman's wrist. I've heard with the 2nd version they discovered the lugs that give a regular watch a more hexagonal look, and they are also working on a smaller version. The challenge facing everyone is how to ensure decent battery life in a smaller device. Apple was smart to introduce a size and multiple styles that could appeal to women. 
It sounds like they think the Edition will do well in China.
Most likely Apple doesn't quite know what versions will sell better than others and does not want to be stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory. Maybe someone was going to get a stainless steel but read Joanna Stern's review and decided to get a Sport or wait for the next generation. Or maybe someone is interested in a Modern Buckle but tries it on in store and decides to go for a Classic buckle or Milanese loop. It's all new territory for Apple.
 Except that Apple has already said that they won't sell watches to walk-ins, at least not initially. All the initial stock is allocated to reservations made online.  I wouldn't be so sure about the round watch. It's not as if it never occurred to Apple that a watch could be round. Jony Ive is a huge fan of mechanical watches. I think that they made a conscious decision that a square screen is ideal for a wrist-worn wearable device. I think we'll see additional bands, to...
"The apology was delivered on-air by McDowell earlier today. "The Fox Business Network would like to make it clear that we in no way believe that [Cook is a bigot]. Mr. Cook runs a company that is an American success story and Apple has become a worldwide brand," he said. Just a minor point. Dagen McDowell is a woman.
 Sales associates at carrier stores get better incentives for selling Android phones because the OEMs have to offer incentives to push stock. This was especially true of Samsung in the last year.
 I think the retail strategy makes a lot of sense. Nordstrom likely wouldn't be interested in the Edition, but they do sell watches in the price range of the Apple Watch (stainless steel) and Sport, so they would likely be interested in those for the holidays. Ron Johnson doesn't have the fashion connections that Angela Ahrendts does. If anything, his experience at JC Penney shows that Apple Store as envisioned by Steve Jobs and Ron Johnson is not a translatable experience...