or Connect

Posts by KPOM

One thing he needs to address is how to reconcile reducing carbon output with shipping the vast majority of their products through airplanes from China to North America and Western Europe. That said, capitalism has done more than its share to improve the environment. Fracking, as controversial as it is, is responsible for reducing US carbon emissions to levels last seen in 1994. We need to make sure it doesn't have other unintended consequences, but generally speaking it...
 Which is exactly what they are going to do.  They are decent phones, which is part of the reason why they have sold as well as they have. A lot of the bashing is because the ads look like a desperation move.
So did Samsumg forget about the first smartphone with a 5" screen? The Dell Streak, which predates the Note by a year. http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_streak-3353.php
I finally gave up on the website and just ordered through the iPhone app using AT&T Next. I guess I can always pre-pay and get AT&T to unlock it if I plan to go overseas. It still shows delivery on 9/19. iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray.
Protected Health Information is definitely governed by HIPAA. That said, Apple does tend to protect privacy better than, say, Google.
 If you are looking for a comparatively less expensive and legal route to get Windows, buy the Windows 8 OEM edition (NOT the Windows 8.1 OEM edition) from a reputable reseller like NewEgg. Normally the OEM edition is available only for computers that will be sold. But for Windows 8 and 8 only, Microsoft relaxed its licensing restrictions and gave you the option of enabling a "personal use" license. They reversed course with 8.1, but Windows 8 users can update to Windows...
This is what is annoying. Parallels 8 worked fine with Yosemite DP versions 1-4. Then DP 5 comes out as the first public beta. Parallels then throws up an error message saying that an upgrade is necessary for compatibility with Yosemite.
Great news. Maybe they can go back to being partners instead of enemies. The writing was on the wall. Outside the US basically the court cases were going nowhere for Apple or Samsung. Even here, courts seem reluctant to issue product bans or force anything more than modest royalties and settlements. Also, the past year has shown the limits of Samsung's ability to grow its profits at Apple's expense. They have reported several disappointing quarters in a row while Apple has...
They have been "investing in thhe future" for 18 years. Eventually they need to actually make some money.
Finally the Street figured out that Amazon has made less in 18 years of existence than what Apple, Google, and Samsung individually earn in disappointing quarters.