or Connect

Posts by KPOM

True. Android is the top in market share. Apple buyers tend to be loyal. Nokia would do better to try to reclaim market share from Samsung, who took it from them in the first place. 
  The sad thing is that the Lumia 920 does actually seem to be a nice phone. They don't need to attack Apple. They can attack Samsung and HTC for just releasing cheap copies. Nokia is actually doing something different. At the same time, by attacking the iPhone for the lack of color choices they come across as petty. 
If Samsung wants to waste their time with exercises in futility rather than compete in the marketplace, that's fine with me. A jury already slapped them down once when they tried to use FRAND 3G patents. They aren't going to have any more success using 4G patents.
It makes sense. I believe they are announcing their quarterly earnings results on the 16th, so a 17th announcement would be logical.  
No, you aren't the only one. Someone high up at the New York Times clearly doesn't like Apple. For at least the past year, they have timed negative articles to appear right around product launches and earnings releases (e.g. the exposés on working conditions, hyping up the Broadway play that turned out to be a fabrication).
  CR doesn't accept advertising. Their methods aren't flawless (they over-rely on subscriber surveys, don't reveal their testing methods, etc), but they can be a good source of information as they buy their own products.   What may have happened is that the first blog post was based on initial customer reaction, but then they later did more controlled tests. What I'm finding are some patterns. For instance, it tends to give Brooklyn addresses when an address is present in...
  Not if Apple's goal was to hit Google's ad revenue; Had they given them a year's notice before releasing the updated maps, Google might have upstaged them by releasing a native iOS Maps app simultaneously with the release of the new Apple Maps. Since Apple has approved other mapping applications, it would be difficult for them to reject Google Maps.   Remember, most people are going to use Apple Maps since it's there. Even some people who would go to Google Maps if...
If Apple doesn't get this overturned, my guess is that their next move is to pay off MySpace to buy their trademark. It does seem pretty odd, though. The two logos don't look anything alike.
One more thing for Samsung to copy in the Galaxy S4!
It's because analysts had set stratospheric goals of 8-10 million by doubling last year's 4S sales. It was a case of oversimplification (assuming twice the pre-order sales meant twice the total orders). I think the reality is that Apple is limited by supply. If they had 10 million phones to sell over the weekend, they might have sold 8-10 million, but they had 5 million to sell.