or Connect

Posts by KPOM

No, it would be the iPad 15HD S. I like the new naming scheme and "got it" as soon as I read the description of the "new iPad" on the Macworld and PCMag live blogs (even as Sascha Segan kept commenting about how Apple still hadn't announced the new name yet).
Agreed. It is logical for a reseller like Best Buy to be prepared just in case Apple and Sprint had struck a last-minute deal. I think the rumor sites give too much credence to retailer inventory databases. The retailers don't necessarily know anything before anyone else. They just prepare their systems for what is plausible.
Not that I intend to do so, but would the Verizon model work on T-Mobile's 2G network with the right SIM card or will it be country-locked? For instance, a Verizon iPhone 4S can use a non-US SIM card but not a SIM from a US carrier if they unlock it for you.
Seriously, though, I wonder how many people will get them a day or two early, as what happened with the iPhone 4S pre-orders. This time around, Apple seems to have caught up with the supply chain (I guess 7 months of Tim Cook as the undisputed CEO is having its effect) and even new orders today for the Wi-Fi and Verizon models are due to arrive next Friday, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people get theirs early. I originally placed an order on the 7th for an AT&T...
That would be a concern if Amazon sold the Kindle for a profit. They sell it essentially for cost and make their money on content. The Kindle App and Kindle ecosystem can still compete on the depth of its content.Except that Amazon has the dominant market position. Antitrust law is somewhat shaky, but I don't think it exists for the benefit of the dominant players in a market.The agency model itself is pretty common. Amazon uses it in other services, as the article points...
Welcome to signal fragmentation. We went from 3-4 primary 2G frequencies, to 4-5 primary 3G frequencies, to at least 5 and likely 7 or more primary LTE/4G frequencies. I'm guessing that's why Apple added DC-HSDPA support (the iPhone 4S has only basic 14.4 HSPA+ support). That is what is being rolled out in most of Europe first, and it can be just as fast or faster than early LTE implementations. North American telcos are a bit ahead of the game in terms of LTE (unlike with...
However, since she was shot down by both the Appellate Court and the High Court, chances are she isn't going to be so quick to issue another injunction against anyone, Apple or Samsung. Judges don't like having their rulings overturned, since a high record of being overturned can affect judicial assignments, etc.I can see the ads right now: "The new iPad. The tablet Samsung tried to stop!"
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL Yahoo! Finance has close to real-time updates (not the charts, but at least the quote). Anyway, I think haptic is a remote possibility, but not impossible. I won't be disappointed if it doesn't have this, or a quad-core processor for that matter. I'll pull the trigger if it has a Retina Display (guaranteed) and LTE (more likely than not).
Yes, that's the case. The US is switching to the system that Europe uses. However, in this case, the old law would apply, so it would come down to who invented it first. It is a bit odd that it took a decade for the patent to be approved. I was surprised we hadn't heard from NeoNode until now, but I guess it's because they didn't have the patent yet. NeoNode is another company that was unsuccessful in manufacturing a product, so the main value they have is in their IP....
Since they have already paid taxes on the earnings in the US, they could distribute those without taking a tax hit. If they transfer money from their overseas subsidiaries to the US parent, that is what would trigger additional tax (above and beyond what they already paid the overseas authorities).