or Connect

Posts by KPOM

Not on the 9AM (Eastern) call, but I would not be surprised if later on in the day or Tuesday they issue a separate press release announcing weekend sales. Whatever they decided to do with cash will have a significant impact on their stock trading activity tomorrow, and so might speculation about iPad sales. I'm guessing the board met this weekend to approve whatever Tim Cook and Peter Oppenheimer will announce, though I find it a bid odd they decided to do it the same...
I'm guessing they will announce plans for a special dividend sometime in 2012. Right now, qualifying dividends are taxed at 15% rather than at normal income rates (i.e. the same as long term capital gains). That special tax treatment is set to expire at the end of the year. I also think they will announce plans to invest a portion of their stockpile in an "incubator" for research and development (i.e. making private equity-type investments in startups). That would be...
Ivy Bridge will bring USB 3.0 support. I suspect that Apple will offer a $29 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter and drop the port from future models. That would be entirely consistent with their history.
That's what mine says. At first I thought that maybe the doorman wasn't there to sign for it. However, I think since it updated exactly at 9:00am it was pre-programmed. On mine, it said it was on the vehicle for delivery at 7:36am, and then had the 9:00am "delivery exception." Usually FedEx gets to my building late in the morning or early in the afternoon. I'm expecting that it will be the same today.
Sorry, false alarm. It was just some accessories. The box was the right size, though. Anyway, mine's in Newark right now. I'm guessing it will cross the Hudson just in time for me to be at the office when it arrives at my apartment for the doorman to sign.
Well, my brother-in-law just received his pre-order today, courtesy of FedEx. I changed my order the 2nd day to the Verizon one, so I'll need to wait until tomorrow.
It will likely have USB 3.0, since it's natively supported in Ivy Bridge. That addresses speed issues. I'm not sure how a docking station is any better than an adapter when it comes to carrying things around.
I live in a building with a doorman. Otherwise, I'd have had it sent to my office.
Perhaps Wal-Mart got the idea from Telestra. From what I read the crowds were a little smaller in Australia than for the iPad 2 rollout, but I'm guessing it's because last year there were no pre-orders. In any case, I'll gladly wait for the FedEx truck tomorrow. Actually, it will arrive while I'm at the office, so it will be there when I get home.
Yes, that radio is a year old. No wonder they didn't use it in the iPhone 4S.