or Connect

Posts by KPOM

It should work. You can Target Disk Mode through a Thunderbolt cable directly.
That's too bad. This up-to-date program is turning into a nightmare. By and large, the servers have been good and able to handle the load, which just makes the up-to-date debacle stand out evern more.
My replacement codes came at 1:47am. I submitted my original request and got the bad codes around 9:00am yesterday (Eastern).
According to Macworld, you can still order Lion by calling Apple's store on the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. http://www.macworld.com/article/1167879/apple_pulls_lion_from_the_mac_app_store.html
I got mine almost instantly, but it was one of the "already used" codes, so my guess is that they are slowing it down to make sure they get it right.
  Yes, but Steve Jobs told his biographer that he specifically wanted Apple to avoid the issues Disney faced as a result of founder idolization (as well as HP with what can best be described as founder anti-idolization). He put together a team that he thought best to run the company and wanted them to run it as they saw fit, and not as he would have run it.   If Jobs were still around, might he have rushed Mountain Lion to release it the same day as the MacBook Air and...
  They apparently are already re-issuing working codes. Glitches happen. Apple never got MobileMe right, even after Steve Jobs fired a bunch of people. Plus the new iPad launch went off without a hitch and there was plenty of stock on hand. That didn't happen when Steve Jobs was in charge. Jobs was great, but he wasn't perfect, and there are some things Tim Cook does better.  I'm tired of the "this would never have happened under Steve Jobs" criticism since it downplays...
Yes, I had this issue, too. Fortunately, since I had the Developer Preview, the current build already showed up in my Purchases. Hopefully I still get the "correct" code in a day or two, just so I can be sure it registered.
It seems like the reservation system worked this time, and that there's enough supply to meet demand. Neither should be too surprising, considering that the iPad has been available for several months now in the rest of the world.
 The update requires 10.7.4. It doesn't show up for Mountain Lion. Presumably this kind of thing will be fixed in the final version (the "golden master" isn't necessarily the final build since it isn't as if Apple has to publish DVDs).