or Connect

Posts by KPOM

Arguably, if the university developed the technology, it can use royalties to reduce the costs to the taxpayers of operating the research lab.
Interesting. Would this apply to Qualcomm, NVIDIA, and other licensees of ARM, or do they either not use the technology or have licenses? So far, the mainstream press hasn't picked up on this, so there's not much analysis out there.
 A lot of people would have purchased Samsung phones regardless. Not everyone is looking solely for a larger screen. Believe it or not, some people prefer Android. As for the mid-range, it isn't very profitable. Samsung makes most of its profit from the same segment as Apple. Note that Apple still makes more money from mobile than Samsung, even with less than half the market share.
 Co-CEOships rarely work out. Yes, Samsung has "co-CEOs," but most companies need a single person in charge. Otherwise internal politics creates a proble.
The other interpretation is that they should have just made fewer iPhone 5c and more iPhone 5s at the launch date. Not having product in stock seems to have hit US sales. The risk with making a $400 iPhone 5c is that it cannibalizes sales. Apple, unlike Samsung, isn't in a position to seek market share for the sake of market share.
If I understand correctly, the new AI iPad app will require a subscription after the first month, but the iPhone version will not? Why not offer an ad-sponsored version of the iPad app that continues to be free, or let us install the iPhone app on our iPads?
Not unexpected given the judge's previous comments about Apple during the case. My guess is that the brief was written primarily for the appellate court.
 I can count on one hand how many times Touch ID has actually worked for me in the last 2 months. It refuses to even scan my fingerprints now.
 The current design has no glass back like the 4/4s. Aluminum bends more easily. It says nothing about the quality of the device. A 20kt gold ring will also bend more easily than a 14kt gold ring. It's a function of the materials used. Apple's priority with the 5/5s was making the phone as thin and light as possible. People complained the 4/4s was heavy. That said, in my experience the iPad mini (both original and retina) seem to be built like tanks. They handle being...
 They are asking the judge to remove the monitor because they claim he is biased against the company, doing things that the judge told him not to do (e.g. interview people without attorneys present), acting as a prosecutor (i.e. advocate for the plaintiffs) instead of a judge (i.e. monitoring compliance with an existing court order), and charging fees that are neither reasonable nor customary. The police don't install a breathalyzer car ignition lock if you get a ticket...