or Connect

Posts by KPOM

The same report claims Samsung is going to use ceramic in the Galaxy S3. Samsung is expected to announce the phone next month, so we'll get an early indication if DigiTimes has a decent source for once.
Considering that the shipping times are back up to 1-2 weeks, and there is limited store availability (e.g here in NYC the Upper West Side store had the 32GB Verizon model in stock but none of the other stores do), I'd tend to agree that it is more likely an issue of supply than demand. Apple cranked up production to ensure a smooth rollout, but perhaps after that initial supply sold out demand caught up with supply again.
The guy is there to minimize Apple's tax bill, not design the next iPhone. He may be great at what he does and wants to work for a bigger company with bigger challenges. Most of Apple's money is overseas, and with the high corporate tax rate here, tax planning is an important consideration in any big company's operations.
This is a welcome move, but Apple should have patched the flaw weeks ago, and barring that, made today's announcement last Friday when the story first broke. People expect Macs to not need anti-malware software, partly because of Apple's own marketing, so they need to get the message out. Either we need to start using third party software, or Apple can pledge to take care of the issues itself. Either way, people need to know.
I'd agree here. They are still by far the biggest seller of iPhones in the US, but Verizon has them beaten on Android sales. Android represents 50% of the market, and my guess is that AT&T wants there to be a third major ecosystem out there so that they don't become too dependent upon Google.
[QUOTE=GregAlexander;2091210 But for Europe the bands are quite aligned for 800/1800/2600, and I'm surprised that Apple isn't producing a variant for that combination (or part of it). I see that Verizon removes DC-HSPA and gets CDMA options - the European market is bigger than Verizon. An 1800/2600 device would even work on our 1800/2600 in Australia. Perhaps the next iPad? I expect that for the next 2 years, we'll see the 3G networks bump up to DC-HSPA, while...
The original advertising had the 4G logo worldwide. Once the complaints started coming in, Apple quickly changed it to remove the 4G logo and clarify it was "ultra-fast wireless" outside North America. I think the claims are largely overblown. As others have pointed out, the UK hasn't even auctioned the LTE spectrum yet, and there are only a handful of experimental LTE networks in operation. Also, they did boost the 3G capabilities of the new iPad vs. the iPad 2. Apple has...
It's good that they are reporting the potential security issue, but everyone seems to be taking the "600K" claim at face value. That said, I do want Apple to put out a malware cleaner update sooner rather than later. Running Terminal isn't for the average user.
To be fair, the UN's definition of "4G" includes the fast HSDPA that is included with the new iPad. I notice, though, that Apple's websites now have been clarified to state that LTE (which is the minimum that carriers in many countries consider 4G) works only in the US and Canada. I suspect that this will largely blow over. LTE isn't really very developed in most countries, and even where it is it doesn't offer much different download speeds from high speed 3G networks....
There are about 900 million shares of Apple outstanding.