or Connect

Posts by KPOM

It's Apple's biggest competitor, and they are driving certain market trends, such as larger screens.
Probably because the number of Mac users is much smaller than the number of iOS users. Therefore, iOS users don't know what was missing. Mac users who need the features will continue to use iWork 09 until the features are added in. The rest of us will use the iWork applications as they exist right now.
 Here's what I get on a 2.4GHz 13" model (8/256). I think Novabench (last updated in 2011) just isn't optimized for the newer chips. The SSD speeds are nowhere near what I get from BlackMagic Disk Speed Test NoNovaBench Score: 684NovaBench Score 684Mac OS X 10.9.0Intel Core i5 @ 2400 MHzGraphics Card: Intel Iris8192 MB System RAM (Score: 175)- RAM Speed: 7838 MB/sCPU Tests (Score: 410)- Floating Point Operations/Second: 126762152- Integer Operations/Second: 251645216- MD5...
 It was a similar situation with GM in the 1990s and 2000s. They made some of the best automatic transmissions in the business. Even BMW and Rolls Royce used transmissions supplied by GM. Unfortunately, they cheaped out on their own cars, and we all know how that worked out.
We don't really know who is to blame. Did Sharp make a promise they couldn't keep? Did Apple make an unreasonable demand?
??? Samsung is the one who has been found by a court for copying Apple. It's a bit arrogant for a supplier to become their customer's biggest competitor. I don't blame Apple one bit for looking for alternatives to relying on their biggest competitor. Anyway, Intel is going to start manufacturing ARM chips, so Samsung may have some competition in the future for Apple's business.
The iPad Air's 4x3 9.7" screen is over 33% larger than the Kindle Fire HDX's 16x9 8.9" screen. It is a lot more than the "0.8 inches" would imply. The iPad is in a different class altogether.   It's even larger comparing the 7.9" iPad mini to the Nexus 7. The iPad mini's screen is 43% larger. The "Fandroids" who harp on and on about the "small" iPhone screen seem to ignore the size difference when lumping the iPad mini into the "7-inch" category.
It is probably a yield issue. They need all they can make for the 5s.
 I'd have thought that most of these "endorsement" Tweets would be put out by PR departments who would be attuned to the symbolism of posting a promotion for a device from a competitor's device. Do you think Ford would want the actors in its commercials to arrive at an event in a Chevy? 
??? The WSJ typically reports controlled leaks the day before announcements. 2 years ago, they "leaked" that there would be no iPhone 5 (just a 4s).