or Connect

Posts by chadbag

you missed part of it: "[Android] with dual core 1.0/1.2ghz ARM cpus and 512MB RAM or maybe 1GB RAM which cannot run didly squat" 1GB alone is not a determining factor.
I would think the Note 4 would be considered a smartphone (and by Samsung as a "premium smart phone."   The idea is all the white box Android devices selling for $50-$100 with dual core 1.0/1.2ghz ARM cpus and 512MB RAM or maybe 1GB RAM which cannot run didly squat, which come with Android 4.0 or 4.1, never get upgraded, and are feature phone replacements.  And Samsung has a lot of similar devices, especially in less developed regions like that too.
 Look at what Samsung calls "premium smart phones" and that would probably encompass the "real smart phone" But, probably a few things like: • launch with and can be updated to the latest or relatively recent version of the OS• regularly updated OS• enough horse power to run common apps of the platform across genres (including entertainment/games)
1)  If there is fraud, it is YOUR money that is missing, which means you do not have access to it while things are being investigated and/or fixed, or before you discover the issue.  Your bank or CU may make it all good for you in the name of customer service, but until they do, it is YOUR MONEY that is affected, not the banks.  With a credit card, when there is fraud, it is the bank's money that is missing. 2)  The legal protections in the case of fraud are greater for a...
 It does not affect your FICO score negatively the way I explained it.  Your credit report only shows the last statement balance and the last payment.  If you pay off the last statement every time, you still show a balance on the next statement.  But you pay no interest since you pay off the last statement every time.  And your credit report looks like you run a balance if you make more than one payment during the month to pay it off instead of one big payment at the end...
This is technically true, but most big banks and credit unions will cover you with similar end results to what credit card protection you have and will refund overdrafts etc if it was caused by fraud.  I am not saying all do, and it is a big PITA to take care of and it IS Your money that is gone, at least until the bank makes good on it, and I personally agree that using debit cards is usually not that great for this very reason, even if the bank does make good on it in...
Why do you think it is bad for your credit rating?   You usually always pay the last bills balance, so your credit report always shows a balance but you never pay any interest.  And as long as the balance is not high compared to the credit limit it is actually ideal as it shows credit being used responsibly.
Not really.  Feature phone could connect to the web and could also run vendor supplied "apps" and even some downloadable "java me" apps or whatever they were called.  Those junk phones are more properly feature phone replacements that run Android, which also powers true smartphones.  Many of them can technically run apps, but practically, not really.  Apple is not in that market.
 Actually, this is not true.  I work at an (unreleased) mobile payments place (not in competition with Apple Pay, Google Wallet, or CurrentC really) and we ask for the last 4 when you sign up, as part of regulatory compliance for AML (anti money laundering) laws, but we don't have anything at that point, and only collect the last 4, since the ID Verify things we have to use as part of "Know Your Customer" laws can get a good enough match off the last 4, that it suffices...
Just tweeted this:   #mcx Secure cloud? You've been hacked already, you're not even launched. A fool and his money are soon parted. #SayNOToCurrentC #ApplePay     --   Need to get more #ApplePay and #SayNOToCurrentC tweets out there.