or Connect

Posts by chadbag

Reid has blocked all substantial bills that have come out of the House.   The "Do Nothing" Congress is in the Senate, not the House.
Do you want to see a moron (notice the spelling)?  Go look in the mirror. There is no bill to impeach Obama that has passed and is sitting in the Senate (which is not how impeachment works).  And certainly no bill to impeach Obama because of his race.  In fact, no bill at all is used in impeachment.   That Republicans want to impeach Obama, or oppose him at all, due to his race is the straw man that the media and liberals put up (aka "race card") to deflect away from the...
 Corporate use in many corporations has been calendar, phone, email, messaging, and a little browsing, but in many companies, they run serious apps on their iPads that they custom develop or buy from small time custom business app shops.   This is bringing this to the mainstream enterprise world and legitimizing the whole use of it.  When Tim Cooks says 9x% of the F500 are investigating and using iOS devices, he does not mean for calendaring, email, etc.  He means custom...
 This has nothing to do with the iPad that you or anyone at your company is bringing with them so they can check email and look at web pages and play games and look at a numbers spread sheet or a Keynote presentation. The iPad is good at those things too, and up to now, that is what most people have been doing with them in the corporate world.  There  are some companies that develop custom software for their business to run, but that gets expensive. This is all about IBMs...
While a huge percentage of F500 already uses iOS in some capacity, including custom app development (which is a lot more than most people probably assume they are being used for), this will open up a ton of new uses for iOS devices in enterprise since a lot of current systems they are using will be able to be upgraded or replaced which will greatly expand the use in Enterprise.   Instead of only for a couple custom apps, and big-wig email and stuff, they will have core...
Come on folks. "Slightly rectangular" means almost square, but not quite. When looking at form factors for such devices, you would need more than just "square" or "rectangular" to talk about it since rectangular covers a whole heck of a lot of territory. This is not math class.
I guess I am an old timer (got my first programming job in 1988 and I was not a teenager).  I am excited by Swift.  A lot.  It does a lot of things that I've been wanting in a systems level language for a long time -- at least 20 years when I was pushing for changes at a large company I worked for.   I am not enamored of the Swift syntax, but syntax is not a language and I can get over that pretty easy.  Other languages have been doing at least some of these things but...
 When you have a mature product and the resources, you can go down multiple paths at the same time and still have direction.   HealthKit, CloudKit, home automation, SceneKit, etc.  This is not a shotgun approach to see what sticks but it is now adding in value along several different paths.  Big difference.
 Hopefully someone will come up with (if not already there) a way to interface existing INSTEON (replace with your device protocol/standard of choice) devices with this new stuff.  I am not really wanting to replace my existing INSTEON stuff, meager that it is (a few lights, a garage door opener, a sprinkler controller).
Beat me to it!  I was planning on saying that on a few posts but hit "submit" before I remembered I wanted to say it :) touché