or Connect

Posts by chadbag

how so?  Remember that Samsung in 2013 sold about 2 high end phones for every 3 iPhones sold.  But the Android share is like 2 or 3 times the iOS share, which means that for every high end phone Samsung sold, there were several low end crap phones sold.
 Nothing says a feature phone cannot have built in twitter or Facebook.  Many of the Android based feature phones may include that sort of thing. And a feature phone would still need a data plan so the carriers don't care.   Right now they call it a smart phone, even when it is not really, and sell the plan.   Around the world, the carriers are already selling Android based feature phones and the carriers are happy. Anyway, I've got to get back to work.  I'll check back in...
No, just because they install Google Apps including play does not mean they can actually run the apps in Google play.   There are lots of devices that have been shown to install Google Play that get counted that cannot even access Google Play for real to download.   There was a case I read about of a no name TV stick that installed Google Play and activated but had no UI to even download or run an app. And not all marketshare numbers rely on the Google activation numbers.
No, I am not making this up. There are lots of studies out there.  But tell me, if the so-called "premium smart phones" total sales are less than the iPhones, yet the Android market share is 2-3 times that of iOS, where and what sort of devices make up the difference?  Pray tell.
There are a quadrillion of this sort of phone sold in 3rd world countries.  This model is just representative.   Where do you think all those millions of Android activations come from?  They are not Samsung Galaxy or HTC or LG or Moto or equivalent type smart phones.  The sales of ALL of those  ones I just listed are less than what Apple sells in iPhones and yet the Android activations are a few times the iPhone if you believe Google and company. It is this type of cheap...
This is not one either: http://www.tmart.com/M-HORSE-S4-Mini-4.0-256-256MB-SC6820-Single-Core-1.0GHz-Android-2.3-Bar-Smartphone-US-Standard-Blue_p280961.html 
  It has been tried?  Really?   Show me.   Again, show me one such device.  Most all the devices you have shown are 5 (give or take) year old plus old style feature phones (flip, brick, etc). The reason they went with Android is two reasons:  they got it for free, and they could ride the Android bus for free (in terms of mindshare).   They are making feature phones with Android.  They could convince people, through marketing, that because if has Android that the people...
  Nothing slippery.  I gave one definition already, and others will have very similar definitions that vary in some details but not in the general gist of it.
 And that is how the majority of Android phones ARE.  They come with older Android, they never get updated, and they can't reliably run a lot of the apps out there.  NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK, A LOT OF ANDROID PHONES ARE SMART PHONES IN NAME ONLY. And those phones usage patterns are also in the feature phone usage case.   Just because it runs Android does not mean it is really a smart phone.  Get over it.  That is the truth. Go look at most of the white box $49-$99...
 This is demonstrably wrong.  The majority of the Android phones out there are in the feature phone class.   So a lot of people are buying something that no one wants. You could take one of these low end Android phones, put 512MB of RAM and a 800mhz ARM processor instead of the 1.2-1.4 dual or quad core, and a speciality-built feature phone OS on it and have much better performance, all the same functionality that these Android based feature phones have, and probably make...