or Connect

Posts by chadbag

No.  Except for "protected classes" a business can legally, right now, refuse to do business with ANYONE THEY WANT.  If someone is an Android lover, and owns a hamburger restaurant, and Tim Cook comes in and wants to buy a hamburger, that restaurant, right now, can legally refuse to do service with him.
Stupid post.    The anti Indiana law people are like Communists or Fascists.  My way, or the highway. We should force others to do exactly as we want them to do.   We should discriminate against others because we disagree with them. Is that really what you believe in?
Sorry, but I have a much better understanding of Freedom, the Constitution, and the situation than you do. A business person SHOULD be able to say to the Jew, no, I won't serve you.  He shouldn't, and we would all have the right to protest on public property outside his store or establishment (and I would be there too because I don't believe in that sort of behavior of refusing the service myself), but that business person should have the right.   That is true freedom.  To...
True freedom is recognizing and allow those with whom you disagree to live by their belief system, even if you disagree with it, as long as their system does not infringe on your rights. A gay person asking a religious person to photograph their wedding and the religious person refusing does not infringe on the rights of the gay person, because the gay person can go to another photographer for the service.   The refusal does not limit or restrict the gay person's ability...
 Anyone who believes the Indiana law is wrong for the country does not understand freedom or the Constitution and why this country came to be.     I am not advocating discrimination in either case, but those who oppose the Indiana law are discriminating just as much as those who want to refuse to do business under the Indiana law.   You have to err on the side of those who are approached about doing the business, i.e., the business owner.  They are not going out and...
 Yes, I am from the US, and I am close to 50, and have a very good idea of what the US constitution says.   You cannot go to people and force them to associate with people they don't want to associate with.  It works both ways.  Religious people cannot go to the gay baker and force him to make a cake celebrating "traditional marriage."      And a baker has the right to deny a request to make a Nazi-themed cake for a party of skinheads. Businesses have the right to refuse...
It is not an anti-gay law. That is misinformation. It is a law for freedom of association. You cannot force people to associate with people they don't want to associate with.
You really are daft. Where is your proof that this is even being considered by Apple?
This is just a patent with examples, not something Apple is proposing with the iPhone. For example, "take picture of construction." Obviously something you could voluntarily set up and then have the phone "enforce". Same would go for the health things, which were just used as examples in the patent of things people want to do but find excuses not to do.
 I am not privy to the contractual agreements between Apple and Yodobashi Camera, but in Japan, at Yodobashi Camera*, they have large, very well appointed and visited, with pretty much the complete Apple lineup of products, store within a store format, sections dedicated to Apple and staffed by real Apple employees (not Yodobashi employees, though Yodobashi employees are also there to help and make the actual sales, the Apple people are just there as advisors/helpers to...