or Connect

Posts by chadbag

That is interesting.  I was kind of ho-hum about it (I have not worn a watch in maybe 8 years) but after I saw the Jony Ives video about it, I want one.  I think it will gradually become more interesting as people see what it allows.
I am wondering if a laminate of sapphire and "Gorilla Glass" could be used to overcome the weaknesses of both?  Corning claims that Gorilla Glass can be made really thin.   Like laminated auto glass, maybe a layer of that underneath the sapphire would allow for more shatterproof sapphire?   Not a materials guy
 I did not gloss over it.  The guy never claimed there IS no problem.  He said "The reports of massive car failures are bull."   That does not say that there is not a problem, but in my mind, that it is not such a pervasive problem as being made out (which is that BT with car audio systems is unequivocally broken [for all], which is what it is being made out to be by the doom sayers).
 Queued in 3, 2, 1...
 Really?  It is just working fine in my 2013 (i.e. modern car) VW Sportwagen.  In fact we have two 2013 VW Sportwagen cars with 3 different iPhone 6 or 6 plus and no major issues. Safety Issue?  Oh, please.   Go back under your rock.
 This is not very helpful.   Most people won't be reporting success.  Only the failures tend to report things.   Lots of people have issues.  Lots of people DON'T have issues.  As I said, 8.0.2 and 8.0 work fine with our VW Sportwagens except for one small issue that is not worth worrying about.  YOU may have issues, but lots of people don't.  Yes, Apple needs to look into it and fix whatever issues there are (probably including working around dodgy auto manufacturer BT...
 For you.   Not in "a general sense" since many people don't have issues.   BT phone and media player is 98% there with our two 2013 VW Sportwagens and 2 iPhone 6 and one iPhone 6 plus.  The only issue at all is slow finding where the media player was at when switching to BT media player on the stereo head instead of immediately returning to prior song/point in song it takes a small moment.  Calls, playing music, Siri, everything works fine for us with 8.0.2 and 8.0. I am...
 Actually, the screens DO crack rather more often and in more gentle circumstance than previous iPhones.   My 6 plus has small cracks in 3 corners (none over the actual screen area) from one fall of 6-10 inches onto concrete when it slid out of my pants pocket as I was sitting on the front porch and lifted my leg up to put on a shoe.   At least I had had it for a week and half when it happened!  :)  It kind of bounced from corner to corner hitting all 4 corners before it...
Interesting.  Have had no issues on calling or playing music in both of our VW Jetta Sportwagens (2013) over BT with two iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 plus with 8.0 and 8.0.2, when I go into the Music app and choose something, but I did notice that when it connects, and I switch to BT media player, it would not automatically go back to whatever was last played, or if nothing, to some random song from the library, like it used to.   At least without a 30-60 second pause before...
 The stories seem to indicate a drop happening that correlates pretty well with when the rumored local release dates started circulating.  I'd guess mostly having to do with local release being imminent.   Previous bouts of smuggling and black market sales took place when local release was not imminent and took a long time to occur (or were not possible at all) and before the largest carrier even had the iPhone.