or Connect

Posts by chadbag

You do realize that when the Christian kings of Europe were behaving like this, that was the common form of behavior for all.  Whether Christian, Pagan, Muslim, or otherwise, a thousand years ago (plus or minus) wars, violence, etc. were common amongst most all societies, groups of people, etc.
3 of those credit unions are in Utah, 2 of them based in Utah. While I use them on a regular basis as shared branches, the credit union we use (which is on the list to join Apple Pay) is not yet hooked up. But pretty good for two regional Utah credit unions (Cyprus and Mountain America) to be in the list. Just need Digital Credit Union in Mass and Deseret First FCU here in Utah to get hooked up... (And Discover)
Even in the US, 100 years is not "old" in absolute time (European peoples have been in North America since the 1500s (Spanish)). But in terms or architecture, and past periods, even from 50 years ago there might be buildings worth saving if there was some sort of historical context for it.
I was lucky enough to be in Japan last year over New Years.  Unfortunately, my wife asked, when I told her I was going to the Apple Store in the middle of the night to try and be in line to buy a Fukubukuro and she asked, "Do we need anything that might be in it" and I had to say no, so I didn't go.   Been kicking myself ever since.   Maybe next New Years (2016).  It is great fun.   All stores, almost, have these "grab bags" and sometimes you can get some good deals.  But...
This goes to show that the companies that make their own distinct products do better than those who make "commodity" products.  Android phone makers don't make a lot of money because there is not a lot to really distinguish them from each other, except price.  So price goes down the toilet which means little or no profit (vs the effort involved).  Same with Windows vs Mac OS.   Anybody and their dog (including you) can build a Windows machine.  Again, nothing really to...
It is the mass that kills you. Takes more energy to get it rolling the more mass you have.
When WhatsApp sold to Facebook, you WERE the product. WhatsApp didn't have 19 plus the extra 3 billion dollars in actual value. It just had its user base to sell.
 Yes, it can be done well.Similarly, my kid's school (small charter school in SLC area with about 200 students) give each student an iPad and a lot of their work is done with that.  It works quite well.  My son just started at the school and he was given an iPad 4 for his iPad this year.   That is basically a 2 year old item that will be 3 years old at the end of the school year (rough numbers).   Works just fine and is at the latest OS and handles all they do (including...
Would be nice if it supported plain old IMAP mail accounts.
The times I have been in Japan I have seen more iPads than Android tablets in the wild.  I suspect China and SE Asia are different from Japan/Hong Kong.