or Connect

Posts by chadbag

If you have a plus and are worried about it, put it in a polycarbonate framed case... End of problem I would assume. My plus will ride caseless but I am not sure whether or not it will be my main phone or the plain 6 will be my main phone. Still trying each out for a period. But I will have AppleCare on it once my CC cycle goes into the next billing period :0
 Right...
 I don't know, I wasn't there.  I suspect he could hear them talking amongst themselves as they stood in line.    He made a reasonable assumption based on the evidence.  Nothing racial or prejudicial about that.  Get off your high horse.   In today's times, people take offense at the dumbest things where no offense is intended.   The problem is your problem for assuming it was racial.  Or ASSuming if you want to play those games. 
 Actually, what they are doing is NOT legal.  They are illegally importing the phones into China (read the news articles).  The phones have not received Chinese authority approval and the import taxes (since they are coming from outside the country) are not being paid.   It is a BLACK MARKET. There us nothing lazy and prejudicial.     The only people who would take these statements here as being "racially charged" are the people who go out of their way to look for such...
 When you are in an English speaking country, speaking English is not a differentiator that helps you get more information about a situation.  No need to mention it.  When it is not normal for the area, it is what we call a "clue" and provides more information.   Nothing "racist" about it. ETA: If I were in a line in China, and a bunch of white people speaking English were in line, I would make other conclusions, similar to the ones drawn here about Chinese (depending upon...
no.   Has nothing to do with racism.  Get a clue. 
 The Chinese black market is well known and discussed in the news.   The evidence given by the poster here supports the notion.    White French scalping is not a big deal (in terms of volume) so is not important to mention.   IF the phone was not launching in Germany, and Germany had a big hankering for iPhones, and lines full of German speaking white people were forming at Apple Stores on launch day, it WOULD be appropriate to bring up and discuss. Let me put it this way....
 No.  No.  NO. "Horde" is just using English to give an impression of lots and lots of people.   It shows education to be able to use descriptive words.   Not speaking a single word of English is a factual observation. If you are worried about pre-judging, maybe you should look in the mirror (in regards this thread and the post you were offended by). Maybe if he ascribed some undesirable trait (besides scalping) due to them being Chinese, that might be prejudicial.  But...
 No, it is not a double standard, because while the Chinese scalpers may be a drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things, they are organized and large compared to the other groups (including white Americans) who are buying to sell on eBay.  And the Chinese black market is a known, and somewhat measurable phenomenon which could have an effect on sales, while eBay sales by "scalpers" are most likely very insignificant, and not an organized effort.
 How is that racist?  Again, answer the question.   Are you "Chinese American" (whatever that is?)   The facts were that the lines were predominantly Chinese appearing people, who were not speaking English.    Talking and discussing this fact is NOT racist.