or Connect

Posts by chadbag

In the same breath, you probably support a business restricting the legal carry of concealed firearms in their business because it is private property, right?
Someone who does not believe that it is appropriate for gay couples to have a wedding, due to their belief system, should not be forced to be a party to this wedding.  For example, as a caterer, photographer, or whatever. It does not matter with whom Jesus had meals with.   That is a straw man. As a follower of Jesus myself, I personally would not refuse the business of being a photographer, caterer, or whatever for a wedding of gays, but I recognize other people's belief...
 I have not seen any racists on this board.  Advocating for freedom, even if that freedom is exercised in ways I disagree with, is not racist. People who want to control and force people to behave the way they want them to.  And are such shallow thinkers that they cannot understand the more basic principles behind the issues.  Like actual Freedom.   Something that seems to be foreign to most people here.  Under Indiana's law, as I understand it, a fundamentalist Christian...
 But it is not discrimination to force a religious person to perform an act they are opposed to due to their belief system? 
No.  Except for "protected classes" a business can legally, right now, refuse to do business with ANYONE THEY WANT.  If someone is an Android lover, and owns a hamburger restaurant, and Tim Cook comes in and wants to buy a hamburger, that restaurant, right now, can legally refuse to do service with him.
Stupid post.    The anti Indiana law people are like Communists or Fascists.  My way, or the highway. We should force others to do exactly as we want them to do.   We should discriminate against others because we disagree with them. Is that really what you believe in?
Sorry, but I have a much better understanding of Freedom, the Constitution, and the situation than you do. A business person SHOULD be able to say to the Jew, no, I won't serve you.  He shouldn't, and we would all have the right to protest on public property outside his store or establishment (and I would be there too because I don't believe in that sort of behavior of refusing the service myself), but that business person should have the right.   That is true freedom.  To...
True freedom is recognizing and allow those with whom you disagree to live by their belief system, even if you disagree with it, as long as their system does not infringe on your rights. A gay person asking a religious person to photograph their wedding and the religious person refusing does not infringe on the rights of the gay person, because the gay person can go to another photographer for the service.   The refusal does not limit or restrict the gay person's ability...
 Anyone who believes the Indiana law is wrong for the country does not understand freedom or the Constitution and why this country came to be.     I am not advocating discrimination in either case, but those who oppose the Indiana law are discriminating just as much as those who want to refuse to do business under the Indiana law.   You have to err on the side of those who are approached about doing the business, i.e., the business owner.  They are not going out and...
 Yes, I am from the US, and I am close to 50, and have a very good idea of what the US constitution says.   You cannot go to people and force them to associate with people they don't want to associate with.  It works both ways.  Religious people cannot go to the gay baker and force him to make a cake celebrating "traditional marriage."      And a baker has the right to deny a request to make a Nazi-themed cake for a party of skinheads. Businesses have the right to refuse...