or Connect

Posts by chadbag

I was having the same problem until I read in AI about people getting in with the Apple Store app on their iPhones.  So I tried it, and got in about 35-40 minutes after H-Hour and got the phone I wanted -- 6 plus, 128GB, Gold, AT&T with a 9/19 delivery day according to Apple.   Took about 8 -12 minutes to actually get through the process.  I was not tracking time to the minute.   Then I spent another 10 minutes and got the wife's phone, a straight 6, silver, 64GB, AT&T...
 I wouldn't bet against you.  It will be something like that.  And the good thing will be that they are all now 64bit and touchID (except the 5C in limited markets).  A big plus in terms of a baseline standard being set.  You'll still have older devices in the market still that are not, but it will be the beginning of the end for non 64bit and non touchID based phones.  This makes developers more likely to take advantage of these.
  Really, like 3GS was lame and confusing? 5C is already taken, so I think I am on pretty safe ground to say it WON'T be 5C
 I think you mean 5CS or 5SC since 5C is already an existing model and that would just confuse things.
  You are forgetting the AT&T value plan discount of $25 or $15 per phone per month that you can get when doing the AT&T Next Normally you pay $40 per iPhone on a mobile share plan, per month (or $30 when 10GB data plan or more).  There may be other permutations for large amounts of data plan less than 10GB.  Anyway, if you get the value share plan or whatever they call it, and buy the phone outright or use the AT&T Next plan to make monthly payments, those numbers drop to...
Anyone have any experience ordering from AT&T at the no-contract price, and canceling service the day the phone arrives?  They won't let me buy it without any service but since it is no contract, I should be able to cancel the day the phone arrives.  I want a second phone for dev purposes and don't need to pay for extra service.  Want to get a straight 6   Plus, if I don't like 6 plus, I can use the 6 by switching SIMs.
 Yes, I got a 6plus 128GB Gold ATT at around 12:45am PDT using the Apple Store app and the confirmation says 9/19 delivery.  Took persistence to get through and the store said "currently unavailable" for all models but once you got through and did checkout it said 9/19. Last year on the 5S I was in and out in 10 minutes and still had to wait 3 extra weeks for the Gold 5S 64GB AT&T so it seems that availability is better this year. Even now, from AT&T I can get a 6 (not...
 A lot better than the iPhone 4 launch.  I tried to pre order all day and only ever got timeouts...   This worked through the Apple Store app t0night though I had to retry 10-15 minutes for each phone (which is also what I was using for the iPhone 4 launch as I drove home from Pueblo CO to Salt Lake City -- kept trying every time I got signal with the phone between my legs while I was driving ;) ) For those where it says "unavailable" for every iteration of all or most...
  I got my order confirmation on a 6plus 128GB gold on ATT through the App (not website) and it was at 0:48 PDT, about 25 minutes ago, and it claims 9/19 delivery.  I also did the wife's 6 in solver, 64GB on the same account, and it says 9/19 as well.  Finished 7 minutes ago. Both said "unavailable" in the app but let me order and checkout, when the "real" delivery time was listed. Not as easy as the 5S last year but  hopefully it really is 9/19.  Last year I was done...
 You can add AppleCare later.   Last year with the 5S I just took it into the local Apple Store a few weeks after I got it and added it.  They just checked to  make sure it was not damaged.