or Connect

Posts by chadbag

If you look at all the stuff supported directly by Thunderbolt, OR the stuff that is PCIe expansion chassis compatible, it is very clear that the Mac Pro IS a Pro desktop machine.  Very much so.  Supporting all sorts of pro video and audio cards, $7K ones at that, storage, etc.  T here may be a subset of "pro" that it is not appropriate for, but to call it not a pro machine, is ridiculous.
So the PCIe expansion chassis that plugs into the Thunderbolt port won't work for this?
So why do you think this would be q switch "away" from Thunderbolt (2) ? Adding extra USB does not have to mean that there would be fewer Thunderbolt ports.
I know it is not a lease (see my previous comments).  I just thought it rather funny that he emphatically said it was not a lease and then called it one a sentence or two later...    
"is NOT a lease" ... "renewing the lease"
We'd have to read the contract.   The fine print I read on the website (not the contract) leads me to believe it is an installment purchase contract with the option to trade in and sign a new contract and get a new device, and not a lease.    Though it feels like a lease if you are trading in.    I'd be happy to be pointed at details on how it works.  You can however completely pay the device off and keep it.  You are not required to trade in.
I don't think you do, as you just get the new version of whatever you had and continue paying, or adjust to a newer (say from 6S to 6S+ or whatever the iPhone 7 versions are, presumptively).  If you trade in after 12, you sign another deal and just pay on the new deal.  In that case it equates to a sort of "lease" or "rental" program.
  If you don't trade in, you keep it when it is payed off.  It is an installment loan, with the option to trade back in after 12 months.
 Yes, Google and Bing are "free"  (notice the quotes I put in the original).  There is no service charge to use them.  You may have to put up with ads or something but there is no DIRECT charge.
That is because they want to run it as a debit, not a credit.  An Apple Pay transaction with a debit card is run as credit (same as if they swiped and you signed) which costs them fees on the credit scale, not the usually much cheaper debit scale.  So they want the PIN to run it as a real debit transaction which saves them fees.