or Connect

Posts by chadbag

Denmark?
 The phone is not pinging the bank to get a token.  It has a stored Device A******* Number (forget what the A is for) and passes that through NFC to the terminal in the store.  The merchant then passes that up, and at some point, I think an Apple server is pinged on the backend.  The device itself is not doing it.
  Read my correction, as it shows the one piece missing from the info given which makes the AT&T Next *maybe* a better deal, depending on your needs, plans, etc.
 I suspect that more people tried to watch the live stream than tried to watch streams of the SuperBowl (I am not talking about broadcast or cable or satellite TV, just internet streams).   Something that big is hard to test btw.   They could have done better, of course, since you can always do better.  But I bet the reasons for the issues were ones hard to control (except for the Chinese thing, which is just dumb). But to put it in perspective, even Obama's teleprompter...
  Apple is not using Apple Pay for the iPhone pre orders either.   So I haven't  clue what you are trying to say. Apple is running a single event.  They don't have to be bigger than the totality of Black Friday or any holiday, since that is not a single effort by a single company.   I am trying to compare apples to apples (small "a") in a fair comparison.   You seem to think that Apple should be able to handle a single event greater than the totality of holiday...
  Not an issue! 
 I am the one LMAO.  Did you even read what I said?  I said an order of magnitude bigger than even any one single Black Friday event.  I did not compare it to the complete Black Friday  brick and mortar retail experience (which often does not go that well either). Please read and comprehend first.
 Please read who I was replying to.  I was explicitly replying to someone who said he STILL had problems looking at the keynote.  I know what the original gripe was.  My reply was to a specific person who was NOT talking about the live stream.
 I suspect that the iPhone pre order launch is an order of magnitude bigger than even any one single Black Friday event online.  Especially with the tie-ins to each carrier that have to happen to verify your data.
 Your comparing Apple's keynote, watched by a LOT of people in real time, to a speech by Obama, that no one cared about except a few hard core political junkies, and all the bad actors out there who wanted to confirm their opinions? Some of the problem was at least related to the mobile broadcast facility (truck) used to broadcast out of the building based on the screens I was getting when the feed failed on the Apple  TV channel that was showing it.