or Connect

Posts by delany

From those photos it looks identical to how it was before the revamp ... where is the extra space?
Randall Stephenson looks disturbingly like someone else who also happens to be a representative of an ancient group struggling to stay relevant in modern times: http://angel.fcpages.com/angel/angel211-wesley.jpg
I don't know Appleinsider's business or who it's trying to appeal to, but to a casual reader who pops in a few times a week, arguments about just how great Apple is are not the same thing as actual discussions about the state of Apple and Apple-related products.  I may not be here enough - and, again, it's up to Appleinsider as to who it wants to get its revenue from - but from my perspective the people who are labelled trolls seem to be making reasonable points and most...
OK, this is a board for people who like Apple products, I get it.  I like Apple products, too.  But the situation on these boards is ridiculous.     It has become almost impossible to say anything that questions Apple in any way without mindlessly agressive responses and more often than not a few 'go away troll's.  There was always this issue to a degree, but now it seems to have taken over completely, with even users who seem to be moderators encouraging it....
They lost me partly because I switched to the iPhone. However, the other reason is ... they did nothing to keep me. I was with them for over 6 years and not once did they give me any offer or discount for being a loyal customer. In fact, quite the opposite - the discounts were better for new customers than long term ones. This seems to be the case with all US carriers - they do nothing to encourage customer loyalty. Then they wonder why people find it so easy...
This post is interesting and certainly makes a good case for the direction FCX is heading. My problem with all this, though, is that it all smells a little too much like the sort of stuff that sent Microsoft into a tailspin - the annoying autocorrect features and 'it looks like you're writing a **** - do you want me to format it for you' stuff that is great in theory but requires intelligent technology to advance significantly before it actually works. The difference is...
There is absolutely no way this is true. Apple is making it increasingly difficult for developers to test on older versions of iOS. Short of owning many devices and making sure no automatic updates get installed, right now Apple really only provides the ability to easily test back to 4.0. The result of this is that App support for operating systems is moving increasingly fast towards the latest version of iOS. That means that iPhones that can't keep up with the...
I think the problem is that while it's certainly easier to do the things we been trying to do for 10 years or so, like simple animation, those are things that have been easy to do in Flash for those 10 years. The newer stuff is as buggy and inconsistent as ever. As a not-terribly cutting-edge example - I've been trying to program an online eReader-type thing using some of the HTML5 'column' capabilities. It's just completely frustrating - and this is stuff that was...
Programming for multi-browser compatibility in Javascript/HTML5/CSS for anything much beyond a simple web page is just pathetic. It is a nightmare without equal in the programming world. Anyone who thinks otherwise should learn more about programming generally. The W3C standards are design by committee of the worst sort and browser makers have consistently showed no interest in listening to them very carefully. The result has historically been a terrible, terrible...
There's no need to defend Apple to me - obviously I like 'em - I've been using their computers exclusively for over 20 years. Like most other Mac users, I know there's an asterisk that sits beside the claim of 7 hours. However, as a long time user of Macs, I'm seeing that compared to the way previous Apple batteries performed in real work conditions vs. Apple's use case scenario, these batteries/computers are a bit different. The drop off between light use and real use...