or Connect

Posts by delany

Yes - 3rd party fixes for the lack of GPU control may be the way to go. I'm a little reluctant to use a 3rd party fix for something so low-level in the OS in case it affects the more general performance that I'm very happy with - but I hope that's unfounded. This sort of thing is the big downside to buying Apple. When it works it *just works* - when it doesn't (and, happily, it's not that often), they mostly refuse to do anything for far too long (as well as trying to...
Have been using my new 2011 Macbook Pro 15-inch for about a week now. Impressions: Good: - Impressive speed - delivers as promised. - Have the high-res matte screen. Sharp, bright, love the extra screen real-estate. - Enjoying the trackpad - the multitouch gestures are more than a gimmick, extremely useful in a good number of situations. Bad: - Battery life in real world usage is very, very disappointing. Granted, if you browse using Safari on non-Flash websites at...
Are Apple retail employees ever allowed to take vacation? They weren't allowed to take it in March, either.
No it wasn't - it was a silly, snarky comment that avoided the very valid points made by the original poster and was clearly submitted by someone who has never taught at a school. To the original poster. This is a fun place to read rumors and baseless speculation presented as fact but I really wouldn't bother. (I wouldn't either but every now and again I come home a bit drunk and feel the need to try and hold a mirror up.)
Wow. How old is the average member of this forum? Last time SJ left Apple things did not go well. If I owned shares in Apple (which I should have done 22 years ago when I bought my first Mac) I would be EXTREMELY interested in how they think they can survive his departure. Last time, if anything, there was even more confidence that SJ did not = Apple and that it would go on without him. It did not.
Yes - me too. I suspected this was happening and left my phone with all data communication turned off (in a Wi-Fi area just in case) for a few days. ATT recorded usage of about 2% of my data plan. I rang to complain and they were unable to explain despite being put through to some special technical person. Their only 'excuse' was that it was not a big percentage of my data plan. Even if there is some background setting of the network that's responsible, this should be...
I'I would say that warnings on drugs of all products are unquestionably a good thing. How on earth is the average person able to tell without a warning that the drug intended to cure their overactive bladder will also cause them to bleed from the anus and loose their sense of smell? I say put those warnings in a larger font! I'm not quite sure where you're coming from in terms of your views on government - but a huge quantity of products produced in our advanced tech age...
I hate idiotic lawsuits like this as much as the next person, however ... Apple is as bad as anyone at making these sort of claims about their products that turn out to be - at the very least - not entirely true. It's not against the US law in all its very forgiving glory but at some point they have to expect someone to get sufficiently annoyed about it to try and sue. What else are people supposed to do when the US has such ridiculously lax standards when it comes to...
Regardless what you believe about the merits or not of leaking the documents a couple of things should be noted: - While Apple is a private company and, by the way the USA currently works, can do what it wants in terms of who it chooses to provide services to, it's a fact that most services in the USA are provided by private companies. If private companies who provide most services can withhold them at the whim of themselves or other undetermined entities then the...
Always fun to see the latest set of teenagers declare that The Beatles are irrelevant. I'm sure I did at some point, too. I'm jealous that you've still got them to look forward to. Did anyone else find it interesting that the top Beatles song for the last day or so has been 'Here Comes the Sun'? ... which is a Harrison composition. The top song on iTunes is probably be as objective a measure as is possible of the most popular song - I'm sure Harrison would have got a...