or Connect

Posts by delany

Sorry, but having lurked through the idiocy of other Flash threads on this board ... can't ... help ... myself ... despite pointlessness ... Yay, go big media! Steve's externally juvenile but internally profit-driven attitude to Flash (with a bit of support from a mini army of adoring know-very-littles) deserves a bit of a reality check. (And I'm talking about the news portion of this article, not the tacked on editorial). ... thank you. I feel much better now. ...
I think the issue that Apple is probably seeing is that their current policy of no accountability when it comes to App rejections will inevitably lead to fewer and fewer good/innovative Apps .. and more and more copycat Apps. This would inevitably lead to the death of the App store as it becomes harder and harder to find worthwhile Apps in the sea of trash. With the current policy, why would developers continue to invest time in anything new when that newness actually...
Roll on the high-Pod ... the funnest iPod ever.
> Top sites are slow. Oh my, yes! To the point of unusability. What is more, it seems to take out the whole system - my Dock actually freezes while Top Sites is loading or whatever. I'm on a one pre-unibody Macbook Pro. What is taking the processing power? ... update checks to generate those little blue stars? No way to turn them off, though. Sloppy - very sloppy Apple. Have stopped using it, even though it was my main reason for upgrading so soon.
Safari 4 initial impressions: Likes: Feels faster. Top sites (though a direct steal from Chrome) Dislikes: Crashed once already after only a half an hour or so of use. When I was playing with top sites. Hm. Though it did survive a visit to Metacritic. New loading indicator is terrible. Very un-Apple. That's a gonner in a future version for sure. New tabs look clunkier (bigger?). Basic Features Still Missing: The option to have links marked to open in a...
Sorry - it's Pages that it looks like still does not have auto numbered headers that I was griping about. A bit more crucial for word processing.
My question is: [Edit: Clarification - this relates to Pages] Will it finally do automatic header numbering? Without that it will continue to be near-useless for general-purpose business use, no matter how friendly and pretty it is (and I like friendly, pretty applications). D
The old Macbooks did have Firewire, I think? So they were removed on the new ones. Not good - what are people with DV camcorders who want to use iMovie to do? This must be a big part of you average family MacBook usage. And keeping the old MacBook at the low end looks like a rush move to placate expectations that the update would bring entry prices down significantly. In this environment Apple needed something solidly desirable but in the lower price range. The...
meigross, Even so, one in ten is an enormous uptake rate. Most iPhone users are just users - they don't upgrade in the first weekend, and know nothing about Super Monkey Ball - I don't know anyone whose upgraded yet (2 parents and about 5 or 6 friends) let alone bought Monkey Ball. That's hardly representative but a 1 in 10 uptake in the first w/e would be good stats for the 2.0 upgrade let alone some game. delany
It's not entirely clear what these numbers are supposed to represent - sure the article makes statements like 'the amount earned in the first weekend' but the chart shows the much less certain 'estimated relative income'. In general, these income numbers strike me as wildly exaggerated. $4.9million for $9.99 Super Monkey Ball is basically 500,000 units sold. If there are about 5-6million iPhones (is this about right?) that means about 1 in 10 bought Super Monkey Ball...