or Connect

Posts by AppleLover2

Generally, that process is called co-optation. It is nothing new. For example, it has long been used by repressive regimes to silence dissent.
And you are still wrong.http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/26/tech...king/index.htm
I don't see is as hypocrisy as much as it is cognitive dissonance. Citing facts just causes discomfort to those who suffer from CD. Facts cause them to have to shift their denial into high gear, which, in turn, often causes them to lash out at the person causing them discomfort. I think it explains much of the nastiness we see here by the more rabid posters.
Might this be an iPhone 4a instead? Aren't there rumors of a cheaper second-tier iPhone 4 to complement the flagship iP5? Maybe this is it? Just a WAG.
Err......Why not both? I tend to think that think Apple can walk and chew gum at the same time. They are an immense transnational corporation.
If teflon is so non-stick, how the hell does it stick to the pan?
That all may be true, but what does it have to do with what I said, which was: "Apple is a giant transnational corporation which cares about only one thing: maximizing total profits. They do so in many ways, including making great products, but also by wrangling bullshit patents and using them to hurt innocent competitors."
That the patents are real and have been granted is objective reality. Whether they should have been granted is the point in contention. If not, they are invalid, and therefore, in my parlance, bullshit. I hope that clarifies what I meant.
Apple is a giant transnational corporation which cares about only one thing: maximizing total profits. They do so in many ways, including making great products, but also by wrangling bullshit patents and using them to hurt innocent competitors.
That is entirely consistent with the viewpoint that Apple is right to sue others because it needs to protect its IP, but when others sue Apple, it is said that "those that can, innovate, and those that cannot, sue".