or Connect

Posts by airnerd

You mean I can have Amazon constantly listening to everything I say? And it only costs me $180? Sweet! Didn't buy it when I got the invite for $99, sure won't buy it now. Amazing how companies have figured out a way to get us to pay them to put products that funnel purchases and content requests directly to them. you would think for the right to sit in my house and be the sole source of my shopping list creation and music streaming, they would pay me.
I just wish Vue would come to Dallas or Apple TV would launch. I tried Sling for a few months and wasn't impressed. Hulu , playon, and Netflix for me still.
AT&T still has me by the short and curlies because of the unlimited data. When the 6 came out, that saved me. The wifi on my 6 wasn't working so I was on LTE exclusively and racked up almost 10GB of data that month. Then the patch fixed wifi and I'm back down to 3-4GB per month so I could benefit from a set rate plan, but I like the cushion of being able to use LTE whenever I want.
Now extreme sports people that don't have any friends can get in on the "watch me do stuff" action.
That's not how and EFB (electronic flight bag ) works.  The iPad doesn't just have electronic versions of a few manuals.  In order to "keep a copy at the gate", they would need a different "copy  of the manual" at the gate for each individual flight.  Not realistic, that is why the pilot has the info in his flight bag for that day.  When the EFB goes down, there is no quick workaround. 
As long as I can change it back to Google. I am not a fan of theirs, but after trying to use Yahoo via firefox for a while, I learned to appreciate google. REsults are much more effective on Google.
I signed up and began using SlingTV this weekend.  Not sure it's a long term solution for me.  I cut the chord in 2011 and haven't looked back.  This was neat to try out, but there just isn't any channels that I'm a fan of.  I am a huge sports fan, but ESPN is a terrible sports station.  Playstation VUE...that sounds more like a winner when they come out.  Sounds like they have the Fox Sports network in their mix.  Add in FX and FXX, and I'd pay $20 a month for that.   My...
Ordered mine yesterday when I got the email they were in stock.  Selected expedited shipping as it said they were available all the way through the purchase page.  After purchase, my confirmation says "out of stock, will ship in 1-2 weeks".I hate that garbage.  If it is out of stock, tell me so I can NOT pay you extra to ship it to me sooner.
Nope.  They have said that there is no contract, and no need for a current Dish account to subscribe.  I will try it just because there is no contract, and hoping the massive sign up spurs other cable companies to put out their own offering!
My parents have Dish satellite broadband.  It's terrible.  Facetime is impossible with them, there is about a 3/4 second delay.  It's like calling london in the 80's.